Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
error: Unhandled exception

I keep getting the following error. Calibre is working fine otherwise, but since I've gotten this message more than once I figure there is some underlying problem.

I've tried Google, but could not find any answers.
Spoiler:
calibre 0.9.44 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2 Windows ('32bit','WindowsPE')
('Windows", 'Vista', '6.0.6002')
Python 2.7.4
Windows: ('Vista', '6.0.6002', 'SP2', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "boot_com_servers.py", line44, in <module>
File "site.py", line 50, in load_module
File "os_integration\windows\shell_extension.pyc", line 40,
in <module>
ImportError: No module named propsys
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your computer is probably missing propsys.dll

I'd suggest using system restore to try to undo whatever change caused it to go missing.

Or use system file checker: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termss...le-checker.htm
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Also, that traceback indicates you are running some non calibre code, a plugin perhaps? As far as I know calibre doesn't use boot_com_servers.py (which comes from py2exe, which calibre does not use).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

It looks like it was SpiderOak (a cloud backup program) that was the culprit. I never would have figured that out on my own (and didn't). Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Advert