Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #31
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTech View Post
Shell script within C program.
Yes, there is quite a bit of system calls in it ... but in order to be sure the screen is refreshed etc. I needed to call some fundamental functions which wouldn't be available on the shell. So I thought I put it all in the one program.

@paola: sorry again.... copied the old verison... sorry. New version follows in a second.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #32
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Version for 2.0.4 of December 2010

Please find attached the version for the older firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: zip annot-0.0.2-b.zip (2.3 KB, 495 views)
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #33
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTech View Post
Shell script within C program. A little kludgy but a very neat hack! The problem for us with the firmware that does not automatically erase /games is that the scribble path is hardcoded. Placing a copy of scribble.app in /applications should work, or I could mangle the path itself.. or reinvent the wheel, now I have an idea how the hack works. Well done!

Personally I solved the path issue with "ln -s games /mnt/ext1/applications" in poterm.
hi Lonetech, i think I get the idea (though wouldn't be able to "meddle" with poterm: just mixed up "firmware" with "freeware" ), but at least in my case scribble is already in the games directory.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #34
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
And incidentally, making me bind "last books" to a button caused me to find out how much more is hidden under that popup. Including Bluetooth toggling. Thanks!

@paola: The issue is that newer firmware put it in applications instead of games. So review's app looked in applications, and we had scribble in games, so it didn't find it. The ln command makes both names work the same, or you could make an applications directory and copy scribble.app there.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #35
review
Addict

@paola, sorry, didn't ment to offend you, when I asked you if chose the right application. It was my fault. Mea culpa.
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #36
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@review: BINGO, it works! and please stop apologising, you are making me feel more an more guilty for free-riding on your work

@ LoneTech: thanks for the explanation, if I keep reading you guys in the end I am going to learn something!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #37
paola
Wizard

ok, a breif update, as I have been playing around with it a bit. Sometimes the app does not start, I wonder whether it happens when there are no files in the "My pictures" directory.

At any rate, a simple way to organise different documents that you may care to annotate at different points in time is to have a huge "picture taking session" where you take images of all the pages in all the documents you want.

Then, linking the device to the pc, you reate various subdirectories of the "My pictures" directory on the device, one for each document, and put there the relative images.

Scribble automatically opens the sequence of pictures in the "My pictures" directory (does not see the subdirectories), so what you do is then copy the files you want to annotate from the relevant subdirectory into the "My Pictures" root. Disconnect, open scribble, and your document will be loaded. Once you are done, re-connect to the pc, move the annotated pictures back into their subdirectory, and move in the root another document, and so on.

If you have long papers it might take a while to take the pictures, but you will then be able to annotate - of course, you have to zoom at the level you like before taking the image, as scribble cannot zoom (as far as I can see).

Review, thanks a lot!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #38
review
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
ok, a breif update, as I have been playing around with it a bit. Sometimes the app does not start, I wonder whether it happens when there are no files in the "My pictures" directory.
Thank you for the update. Yes, it might well be the case that if the My picture folder is completely empty that my app is not picking this up properly. I'm not going into the technical details here but the number of files is evaluated quite often while you run the program. The reason for this is that once you haven't added more annotations the program knows that you're done and quits. I might just add another conditional statement which picks up the case of an empty folder.
Thanks for reporting that.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #39
review
Addict

Progress update for real - real annotations:

1) I've looked at the source code of Xournal
2) ported the render engine mupdf successfully.
3) tried my own "scribble" application directly in djviewer

Now we reached a dead end at point 3:
Using the inofficial SDK, header and libraries I used the event handler which gives access to the coordinates of the pen on the screen. I've managed to get some hand written text on the screen. Within the djviewer application. The dead end is that we receive only about 50 events per second (or less). This makes it really slooooooooow to write and the delay is significant. This makes it virtually impossible to use.

I have to assume that scribble uses a new method to directly access a stream of coordinates and that it doesn't have to process each move event.

So that's where I'm at the moment.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #40
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
With no official SDK and no documentation...
It's a shame !
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #41
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalebarde View Post
It's a shame !
SDK will be out within a month
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #42
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
SDK will be out within a month
I've been trying to do some more involved stuff with the older SDKs, and the lack of documentation is making it very frustrating. Even just a single line explaining what each function does and a line for non-obvious parameters added to the header file would be a huge improvement. The inkdemo program is a big help, but it doesn't demo every function in the SDK. It would be good if you could pass this feedback up the line.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #43
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
so, I'm trying to work out this annotation app, but it seems not working for me. my firmware is 2.0.5, so I think that's the problem. I cannot associate a button with "take a screenshot" 'cause I don't see the command :P but I can take a screenshot from the "last open books" button, so I wonder.... what's happens if I simply make a symlink from "my pictures" and "screens" directories? scribbles should find the screenshots, isn't it?
I'll make a try.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #44
review
Addict

the filesystem is vfat so you probably won't be able to create a real symlink. the screenshot button can only be associated to the power button as far as I'm aware (speaking for the 2.0.4 but it should be pretty similar in 2.0.5).
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #45
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
ow, vfat...
ok. I've done a soft symlink via rsh.app from "My pictures" directory to Screens, and it works.

$ ln -s "My pictures" Screens

so the screenshot app saves the screenshots directly in "My pictures", where scribbles works.
I suppose it means I cannot apply a reset, isn't it?
my expertise has come to an end, here

alas, I don't see "take a screenshot" anywhere in button association menus (for it's an italian customization made for IBS, I guess)

Last edited by preempalver; 03-21-2011 at 05:27 PM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote