Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
royalkay
royalkay began at the beginning.

New Deal with Sony?

Looking at the Sony site, they are having a special. If you buy a reader at $349, you get $149 in books for free.

Special until 7/31/07
royalkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Just had a look at it. Smallprint: "Credit good for $50 towards any title and $99.50 toward any CONNECT eBooks Classics title will be applied to your account."

In short, you still get only $50 in real credit (not a bad thing anyway), but you have the option of downloading public domain books that are free anyway. I guess it is a bonus in as far as it is a convenience since they might be easier to find and better formatted for the Sony reader. But it certainly isn't the same as 3x the credit to buy any book in the store, which is what most people would expect.

Ah, those sneaky marketeers...
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
There was another recent thread on this - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10623. It's been out since 5/1 I think.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
jimmyzou
Connoisseur
jimmyzou began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader; Kobo; Nook color
I still do not find out how to use that 99.99 beside the $50 can be spent directly
jimmyzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
Malerne133
Malerne133 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR-500
Solved the "Classic" credit downloads

For those of you still having troubles registering,opening an account,downloading the "free" credits from the regular listing ($50.00) and "Classic's" Here is one possible solution.

Make sure your firewall or anti-virus software is not blocking your access to the eBook store. [MINE WAS] Insure that your set-up allows you to receive "pop-ups".[Mine DID NOT] Almost impossible to register if pop-ups blocked. Vital registration steps are on a pop-up.

Once your computer can accept the input, you have registered then "authorized" your account, your credits will be made available.

Then the fun starts. The"ebook" store will now allow you to go to the "HOME" page (depress "Menu" on the e-reader for 5-6 seconds and it will jump you to
"Home".) Buy what you want out of your $50 credit--it will tally it up. Confirm your buys and then go up to the "Categories" section (Top middle). Pick the "Classics categoryand then you are pretty much on your own.) There are about 24-26 pages of classics. You can sort by size,date,author, etc.
What you can't do (Or what I couldn't figure out how to do) is select more than one book at a time to add to the cart.

One would have thought you could, for example, pick H.G.Wells and select "ALL". Nah! That would be too easy--you get to struggle one book at a time through the whole 26 pages. Well, what did you expect for $1.99? My whole hand was numb and I gave up after 42 books. Oh well, we have until 8/1/07 to nibble away at this listing. Have fun
Malerne 133
Malerne133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert