Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 06:07 PM   #61
flashgordonv
flashgordonv began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket EBook
IPad comments

Just two points to make here.

1. the "the iPad will support almost all iphone apps" comment is necessary, but not a conspiracy indicating a desire to delete other ereader apps, in my opinion After all, the iPad is not a phone so the apps that call on phone functionality will not work.

2. Lack of flash. I think this is great personally. Heck, I have a Safari extension specifically designed to STOP Flash loading when a web page comes up, on my MacBook Pro.
flashgordonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #62
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl View Post
The wifi I understand, but why color? I can count on one hand the number of books I own with color plates, and I own at least 1,000.

Text is meant to be read, not ogled.
Not everyone is only reading novels and plain text. Many of us spend just as much (if not more time) on magazines for instance. Or comic books etc.

Not to mention the color screen is needed if you want a multifunction device vs a dedicated reader.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #63
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
the iPad could be used to read book without eye strain by inverting the colors...have the page be black and the letters be white....just like on a Bloomberg terminal. Staring into black screen doesn't cause eye strain.
It does, at least for me.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #64
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl View Post
The wifi I understand, but why color? I can count on one hand the number of books I own with color plates, and I own at least 1,000.

Text is meant to be read, not ogled.
I reserve the right to ogle my text, regardless of display technology
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote