Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 10-14-2022, 08:59 PM   #1
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Audible Change in Terms for Returns

Saw this in Reddit when someone did a return, that returns will only be allowable if you purchased with a credit -

Please note that titles purchased after 10/17/22 with a debit or credit card, are not eligible for return. Titles purchased with Audible credits are returnable within 365 days of purchase.

I don't do many returns, but I do get a large majority of audiobooks during cash sales or KU Upgrades. It's bizarre they are restricting it to only credits.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 06:32 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Here's the text of the email I got:

Dear Anne,

We’re reaching out to let you know about a change to our policy, since you’ve made at least one return within the last year that was not purchased with an Audible credit.

Beginning October 17, only titles redeemed using Audible credits will be eligible for return. Titles purchased with credit card or debit card will not be returnable. As an active Audible Premium Plus member, you will still be able to return titles redeemed using Audible credits within 365 days of purchase.

Purchases made using any payment method before this date won’t be impacted and can still be returned within 365 days of the original purchase date, as long as you remain an Audible member in a credit earning plan.

#############

This does affect me since the vast majority of the books I buy are whispersync for voice or otherwise on sale. This year alone I've bought 217 titles and returned 4. Of the 12 credit titles I've gotten this year, I'm unlikely to want to return any of them. I hoard my credits and only use them when all other options are not available. So I'm a little disappointed in this change. No more buying series books on sale when I haven't read any of them yet.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 10:42 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post

I don't do many returns, but I do get a large majority of audiobooks during cash sales or KU Upgrades. It's bizarre they are restricting it to only credits.
What it says is that their policy is now “once we’ve got your money, you’re not getting it back.” Refunding credits costs them nothing; moreover, the credit still has to be used within a certain timeframe.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 01:45 PM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
What it says is that their policy is now “once we’ve got your money, you’re not getting it back.” Refunding credits costs them nothing; moreover, the credit still has to be used within a certain timeframe.
What would be fairer would be to offer a coupon for the amount paid, which would have to be applied to a new purchase.

I can recall returning only one book, years ago, because I hated it so much. I think there have been a couple of times when I purchased an Audible book by mistake on Amazon, and "returned" it before ever downloading.

Recently I contacted Audible about an Audible-published audiobook that was in terrible shape, with multiple instances of repeated lines. I didn't ask for a refund, but I kind of expected they'd offer me something, like a coupon or an additional credit. They replied with boilerplate.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 10:01 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Nailed it!

Once companies start getting really large customer bases, their policies regarding refunds, exchanges, shipping, subscriptions, free credits, etc start getting more restrictive. After all, you're locked into their ecosystem, so where else are you gonna go?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 10:10 PM   #6
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I rarely can return. I returned dozens that I never read or touched so audible blocked me from returns. I can only return a few every 6 months. I can’t even return credits
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:41 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I rarely can return. I returned dozens that I never read or touched so audible blocked me from returns. I can only return a few every 6 months. I can’t even return credits
When that happens you should be able to open a chat and get a return that way. I've had to do it.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I can recall returning only one book, years ago, because I hated it so much. I think there have been a couple of times when I purchased an Audible book by mistake on Amazon, and "returned" it before ever downloading.

Recently I contacted Audible about an Audible-published audiobook that was in terrible shape, with multiple instances of repeated lines. I didn't ask for a refund, but I kind of expected they'd offer me something, like a coupon or an additional credit. They replied with boilerplate.
Call customer service and give them specifics about the errors and insist on a refund (credit or cash). I've had them return the credit to my account even when I've had the book for years. An error isn't the same as 'not liking'.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:55 AM   #9
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Dozens. Well, ok, I guess I can see why that would happen. I've returned about 2 dozen since 2008 and 7 of those were last week (a collection of novellas). So I guess I can see why they might restrict a frequent returner. I know on your account, it will show if something was read or not, but I'm not sure that info is available to customer service.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 10:07 AM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Call customer service and give them specifics about the errors and insist on a refund (credit or cash). I've had them return the credit to my account even when I've had the book for years. An error isn't the same as 'not liking'.
What I want is for them to fix the book. The first review on the book page complains about the errors; it's an old review, which predates my purchase, and I thought the problem might have been fixed (I redownloaded the files just before listening a few weeks back). But they clearly don't care about a book they publish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Dozens. Well, ok, I guess I can see why that would happen. I've returned about 2 dozen since 2008 and 7 of those were last week (a collection of novellas). So I guess I can see why they might restrict a frequent returner. I know on your account, it will show if something was read or not, but I'm not sure that info is available to customer service.
That info wouldn't necessarily be accurate; for example, the only books Audible shows me as having read are the ones from the Plus catalog, when I'm forced to use their app. Otherwise I convert everything to mp3 to listen on my mp3 player. I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 08:09 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Listened to a first book via Audible Plus and gave it four stars. So when there was a sale June 2023 I bought the rest of the series for cash. (7 books) Finishing up book 2 now and it is SO bad I know I'll never listen to the rest. I contacted CS and the rep was kind enough to give me a refund of three titles. They are limited to three per day. So tomorrow I will try to get a refund for the last three. I said I would be happy with a coupon but I got a refund. I'm very happy with the result, so far.
Old 07-07-2023, 04:54 PM   #12
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I demanded a return for a whispersync for voice audio that didn’t link up with the ebook and got it. It should have and Audible confirmed it should have. They had no explanation.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote