Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2020, 05:27 AM   #1
somereader
somereader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Trouble Getting Kobo Sync with CalibreWeb working

I've enabled Kobo sync on Calibre web, I've updated the API endpoint in the Kobo config file.

Everytime I try to sync, it says sync failed.

I can see that it’s talking to calibre web via the log file there - but i don’t see much more than just “Init”.

I just figured out how to enable developer mode on the kobo and have enabled sync logs - but the log file is not in plain text.

Does anyone know how to read that log file? Are there other things i should try?

please halp.
somereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You'll have better luck actually asking the calibre-web devs on GitHub, MR has never really been somewhere they actively hang.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:19 AM   #3
somereader

I think at this point I'm more interested in figuring out how to read the log file. Which I thought the folks here could help me with.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:50 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Which log file? If you mean the log file produced by the firmware when you turn developer mode on, as of firmware 4.25.x, this is encrypted. We don't have the keys needed to decrypt the file.

The logging is done to ports 5000 and 5001. You can put something listening on that to capture it. Or possibly send it to a server somewhere. I haven't gotten around to trying this, so I don't know what needs to be done.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:43 AM   #5
somereader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which log file? If you mean the log file produced by the firmware when you turn developer mode on, as of firmware 4.25.x, this is encrypted. We don't have the keys needed to decrypt the file.

The logging is done to ports 5000 and 5001. You can put something listening on that to capture it. Or possibly send it to a server somewhere. I haven't gotten around to trying this, so I don't know what needs to be done.

Yes, the developer log file - that's what I was afraid of. Which endpoint are the logs sent to?
Old 12-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by somereader View Post
Yes, the developer log file - that's what I was afraid of. Which endpoint are the logs sent to?
As I said above, ports 5000 and 5001. I hadn't tried before, but, if you telnet in, you can use logread to view it. It might be possible to get NickelMenu to run logread and send it to a file. Or you should be able to use nc to forward it to a syslog server or something.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:22 AM   #7
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As I said above, ports 5000 and 5001. I hadn't tried before, but, if you telnet in, you can use logread to view it. It might be possible to get NickelMenu to run logread and send it to a file. Or you should be able to use nc to forward it to a syslog server or something.
The logs are written directly to 5000 and 5001 themselves. One follows the log, and the other reads the entire thing. And yes, NickelMenu can be used to save the logs. I think I added an example for that to the documentation.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:04 AM   #8
somereader

That worked! I figured out the problem and my Kobo is now syncing with my Calibre Web!

Thanks for your help!

Tags
calibre-web, kobo libra h2o, log files, sync