Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-23-2019, 02:15 AM   #8251
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Better news today...

From Jim Butcher @longshotauthor:

https://twitter.com/longshotauthor/s...673069569?s=20

Peace Talks is officially "finished" and on its way to beta readers then editing. He says release date "soon."
Nice one. Hopefully it gets published this year, but that is pushing it. Maybe by February next year in time for my birthday.

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:56 AM   #8252
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Peace Talk Trailer

If you look
Spoiler:
, they are planning to make a trailer. In and of itself probably not worthy to need spoiler tags, but it does list locations for the trailer. Those in turn have a high possibility to be relevant to the book, hence I put spoiler tags. Anyway, here it is (quoted from above link and commented on)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Locations: Also, if you’re in a position of influence to help us gain access to the following spaces in or around Los Angeles, please let us know at industriosapictures@gmail.com!
  • Castle-y or Gothic interior
  • Beach or Pool
  • Old World pub (or a room with a lot of wood that could be strategically shot to look like one)
  • Soundstage
We’re so exited to get to work! And now, back to squeeing over that tweet.
Beach: we already know the book starts there with Thomas telling Harry that Justine is pregnant. It is already been posted, so maybe just included for that. Who knows, that might be the beach's only purpose. The gothic castle sounds like a vampire court (white?). Peace Talks probably not hosted there, unless the pub is too small. The only pub would be the one in Chicago. Or the pub is for a small group to talk about what to demand at the Peace Talks hosted in the castle.

Maybe someone else has a better idea? Maybe wait for the trailer, then the book. Each throwing a different curve ball. *sigh*
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 05:46 AM   #8253
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I haven't read Skin Game yet. I made the resolution to read the latter when the next book will come out.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #8254
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I haven't read Skin Game yet. I made the resolution to read the latter when the next book will come out.
I'm reading Turn Coat. I've a ways to go.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-24-2019 at 04:11 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #8255
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I'm planning to do a re-read for the 4th or 5th time after the book I'm currently reading. I'm so glad to see this thread is still so active!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #8256
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
That was great news! I'll have to load my Itouch and start a relisten of the series while doing errands.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #8257
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I'm planning to do a re-read for the 4th or 5th time after the book I'm currently reading. I'm so glad to see this thread is still so active!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
That was great news! I'll have to load my Itouch and start a relisten of the series while doing errands.
I'm rereading the series (am on book 10, Small Favor) too.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-10-2019 at 11:58 AM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:18 AM   #8258
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool DragonCon Schedule and Molly Figurine

DragonCon Schedule and Molly Figurine Here!

Old 09-02-2019, 08:34 PM   #8259
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

PEACE TALKS IS FINISHED!

PEACE TALKS IS FINISHED!

We don’t have a release date yet, but we’ll update this page, send out a newsletter, and tweet it to the high heavens the moment we do.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #8260
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Having waited this long for the release, I hope the book is exceptional and worth the wait. If it isn't I probably won't pick up the one after this.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #8261
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Having waited this long for the release, I hope the book is exceptional and worth the wait. If it isn't I probably won't pick up the one after this.
Apache
I've been rereading The Dresden Files series in order and have immensely enjoyed each one. This is my 4th rereading and as of now I'm halfway through book 12, Changes. I plan to read this series till Butcher's done writing them.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:57 AM   #8262
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I've been rereading The Dresden Files series in order and have immensely enjoyed each one. This is my 4th rereading and as of now I'm halfway through book 12, Changes. I plan to read this series till Butcher's done writing them.

I'm with you. I can read these books over and over. And I have you to thank for introducing me to them. Changes is still my favourite.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:22 PM   #8263
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I'm with you. I can read these books over and over. And I have you to thank for introducing me to them. Changes is still my favourite.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Tapatalk
Wow it's been a while!! Good hearing from you! Changes is my second favorite and Dead Beat is my favorite.

Old 10-04-2019, 12:20 AM   #8264
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I'm rereading the series (am on book 10, Small Favor) too.

About 1/3 of the way through Fool Moon. I'm listening when doing errands, so often get through an hour or more. I'd be further but I messed up my playback one day.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #8265
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
About 1/3 of the way through Fool Moon. I'm listening when doing errands, so often get through an hour or more. I'd be further but I messed up my playback one day.
I'm at 71% on Ghost Story.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy