Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #586
valenceelectron
valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo Aura HD
Hello
I installed KSM 8 successfully, but the patch instructions here are giving me a hard time:
Quote:
extract KoboRoot.tgz from archive uploaded to this post
copy the extracted KoboRoot.tgz into .kobo of your device
There is no such file attached to the linked post.
Looking at the contents of this post's attachment it seems to contain a few files from the original KSM 8 archive (I assume updated versions).
Am I supposed to merge these files with the default KSM 8 version, repack and then copy the archive to my kobo or am I supposed to only place the updated files on my kobo?
valenceelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #587
Hopper333
Hopper333 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Depending upon what system you unzip the archive with, it may completely unarchive the KoboRoot.tgz that is within the zip file and produce the folders themselves. You don't want this. For example, Mac's do this by default in Finder but if you just "unzip <archive name>" in a terminal you'll be left with KoboRoot.tgz as required.

HTH
Hopper333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #588
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenceelectron View Post
Hello
I installed KSM 8 successfully, but the patch instructions here are giving me a hard time:

There is no such file attached to the linked post.
Looking at the contents of this post's attachment it seems to contain a few files from the original KSM 8 archive (I assume updated versions).
Am I supposed to merge these files with the default KSM 8 version, repack and then copy the archive to my kobo or am I supposed to only place the updated files on my kobo?
The name of the uploaded archive is KSM08_ext_aura_one_04e.zip, it contains the file KoboRoot.tgz. Take care that your extraction tool does not extract the content of KoboRoot.tgz too (this seems to happen especially to Mac users).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #589
valenceelectron
valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo Aura HD
Ah, I didn't even realize there is an archive within an archive.
Thanks!
valenceelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #590
tobbsn
tobbsn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
custom screensaver

[whups, wrong thread. sorry]

Spoiler:
Hi people,

first of all thank you all for the amazing work! I just recently got a used Kobo Glo and instantly started tinkering with it, with this thread's help. This is a very valuable resource!

But what I haven't found is an answer to the following question:
Is there a way to set a custom screensaver from a certain file? I've seen tips on using the current books cover, on excluding certain files from the random image thing and so on. But I want to set a specific file as my screensaver.

In KSM08 itself I can set a HTML-File to display when my device is turned off. I just modified the file to show my email-address and a short message to contact me if I loose it and someone finds it.

I want to do something similar for the koreader's screensaver, when I suspend my kobo glo. I've searched some threads, looked on other places on the web and tried figuring out the screensaver.lua file, but I have zero experience with lua so far and found nothing of help in there.

Is there an official way to do what I am looking for (which I may have overlooked), or is there a simple way to modify the mentioned lua-file for my needs?

Last edited by tobbsn; Yesterday at 08:56 AM. Reason: wrong thread
tobbsn is offline   Reply With Quote