Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #46
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
On a side note, is there a way to find out how many activations you have used?
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #47
dadkan
dadkan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear Jim,

You saved my day. Thank you so much.
I'm very happy that there is so kind and helpful people in the world, Adobe should be proud of you.

Best Regards,

Dadkan
dadkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 AM   #48
John
John began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Dear Jim -

Every time I start up the Sony Reader Library, it says my computer is authorized to a different account. It then deauthorizes my computer and reauthorizes it. This works for a few days, but then I obviously run out of authorizations.

The program Adobe Digital Editions goes through the same routine.

Is there any way to get the software to stop reauthorizing itself every time it starts up?

Thank you for all of your help!

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #49
John
John began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
The folks at Sony support helped me track down the problem that kept giving me error 2023. The software from Sony was reauthorizing itself every time I ran the Reader Library software because the "cookie" or "keychain" entry for the Reader Software had become corrupted in my keychain.

In order to fix the problem, we had to remove the offending entry from the keychain, then call Adobe, to increase the number of authorizations, and then reauthorize the Reader Library software.

It's been three days and so far everything is working as it should.

Cheers!

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #50
sweetnlov
sweetnlov began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600 Touch
I received the PRS 600 for christmas. Since that time I have downloaded either purchased books or library books approximately 10-12 times. Now each time I go in to download books the system asked me to authorize my computer. Why is that? Now, of course this week I was out of books so tried to download a book from the library and was told I had too many activations. I have only ever used the one laptop to download books. The whole problem is for some reason the system kept asking me to authorize every time I downloaded a book. This cannot be normal. Can someone help me out? Thanks
sweetnlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #51
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
sweetnlov,
I would suggest contact Sony Support (sad to say, but they are more responsive than Adobe support). They should be able to help you out.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 AM   #52
YoYo
YoYo began at the beginning.

Device: Astak ezreader pocket pro
HELP! Adobe is driving me crazy, I sent them a question to support which I have copied below. Their answer makes no sense to me whatsoever!
Case #0181624621
I have been using ADE for a while without trouble. Recently, it asked me to activate before adding a new book and I did not do so because I thought it was already activated. When I went to reactivate, it said books would not be readable.
Please tell me:
1. How to check it my ADE is authorized
2. If it is unauthorized I want to authorize it without affecting my library
I am worried about activating too many times because I want to upgrade to windows 7 and will need to reactivate again then.

My name is Rakesh, and I am responding to you in reference to your email
request dated 06/03/2010 for assistance regarding the issue which you
are facing with Adobe Digital Editions.
I will be glad to assist you with it, however first let me take this
opportunity to thank you for using Adobe's Product.

I would like to inform you that you activated Adobe Digital
Editions without authorising your Adobe ID.
Thats why you are unable to read an e-book to another computer.

Inorder to read that e-book you need to contact to the e-book vendor.

Can anyone here help me? I have tried to enter my user name and password in the library tab in ADE and when I do, I get the threatening message about my books being unreadable. If I authorised my computer does it not count because I did not authorise the adobe ID. Why can't they have any instructions on the website?
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #53
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Give customer support guys a break; more often than we would like they can only read from the script they are given, and I suspect they don't know what half the words mean.

Small price we pay to have a free-trade world.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #54
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
HELP! Adobe is driving me crazy, I sent them a question to support which I have copied below. Their answer makes no sense to me whatsoever!
1. How to check it my ADE is authorized
If ADE is asking you to enter in a AdobeID/password on startup then you are not activated. The dire warnings state if the AdobeID you entered is not the AdobeID you purchased the books with, then you will not be able to read the content currently on the computer anymore. Go ahead and enter your AdobeID, and see if you can read the books. If you can not, then you need to submit a support case to see what the AdobeID was that you purchased the books with.

If it is ADE is not asking for the AdobeID/password at startup, then you are activated but may have done so anonymously. If you are anonymously activated then your content is not transferable to any other computers or devices. Upgrading your OS will most probably deactivate your computer and cause you to lose all of your content. (Basically don't activate anonymously unless you do not want to keep your content).

To determine if you anonymously activated, select "Authorize Computer" from the library menu. If you are authorized to an AdobeID it will display the AdobeID. If you are anonymously activated, it will start up a wizard (with dire warnings) to associate an AdobeID with your anonymous Adobe DRM account. The dire warnings are saying that you should use an AdobeID that hasn't been used to authorize ADE (or Sony EBL) before.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #55
YoYo
YoYo began at the beginning.

Device: Astak ezreader pocket pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
If ADE is asking you to enter in a AdobeID/password on startup then you are not activated. The dire warnings state if the AdobeID you entered is not the AdobeID you purchased the books with, then you will not be able to read the content currently on the computer anymore. Go ahead and enter your AdobeID, and see if you can read the books. If you can not, then you need to submit a support case to see what the AdobeID was that you purchased the books with.

If it is ADE is not asking for the AdobeID/password at startup, then you are activated but may have done so anonymously. If you are anonymously activated then your content is not transferable to any other computers or devices. Upgrading your OS will most probably deactivate your computer and cause you to lose all of your content. (Basically don't activate anonymously unless you do not want to keep your content).

To determine if you anonymously activated, select "Authorize Computer" from the library menu. If you are authorized to an AdobeID it will display the AdobeID. If you are anonymously activated, it will start up a wizard (with dire warnings) to associate an AdobeID with your anonymous Adobe DRM account. The dire warnings are saying that you should use an AdobeID that hasn't been used to authorize ADE (or Sony EBL) before.
Oh no, it looks like I activated anonymously without realizing it. I have only bought a few books, the rest were from the library and have expired anyway so I think I will be able to redownload them.

My question now is if I want to activate to fix things for the future, should I use my exisitng adobe ID or start a new one? If I have an adobe id but did not use it to authorise, it should be alright?

One other question and thank you for being so helpful. I tried to download a library book on a laptop (since my desktop was causing problems), this worked fine in the past. I got this error message:
Error getting license

License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

I checked the laptop and it says it is authorized to my email address so it is just the desktop that is anonymous. The laptop is using version 1.7.1 and the desktop has the new version.

Could it be that the new version of ADE is not causing me all this trouble?
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #56
Jim Lester
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
Oh no, it looks like I activated anonymously without realizing it. I have only bought a few books, the rest were from the library and have expired anyway so I think I will be able to redownload them.

My question now is if I want to activate to fix things for the future, should I use my exisitng adobe ID or start a new one? If I have an adobe id but did not use it to authorise, it should be alright?
If you can redownload the existing books with a new account, I would suggest using the same AdobeID that you have authorized your laptop with, just to keep things simple. In general if you don't want to have to think about it, you are best off with one and only one AdobeID that all your computers/devices/and books are tied to.

Quote:
One other question and thank you for being so helpful. I tried to download a library book on a laptop (since my desktop was causing problems), this worked fine in the past. I got this error message:
Error getting license

License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER
Most likely you are trying to download a book, that you have already opened on your desktop (either using the same .acsm file). Your desktop computer is activated to a different (anonymous) user than your notebook (your AdobeID). This is another reason why you want to keep everything with one AdobeID.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #57
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
bumping this thread now I finally found it...I am experiencing the same problem. I am hoping Adobe can settle this in a timely manner (I submitted a web case). If it does reset my authorizations, does anyone know what happens to the books I have authorized right now both on my computer and nook? (library books and purchases from Sony and Harlequin)? Will reauthorizing everything make it all right or will it make them inaccessible? Last time I authorized my nook it did really funky things with my library books and purchases.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=116510
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #58
kkysnoopy
kkysnoopy began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Dear Jim

I also requested adobe to reset my activation but they close the case without doing so ,

Case #018196994 , and I reopen another one after it closed case #0182085338 .

Hope you can help reset my activations because i need to activate my new ipad and new iphone . I should have deactivate the older devices but it's too late as I've sold them.
kkysnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #59
delchar4
delchar4 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
I'm having same problem. Had to reset my first Sony reader several times. Bought a newer model. It was defective, swapped it and that was defective also. Returned it and bought a Nook Color activated it and was able to move all my books for Sony Library to the Nook and open and read them. After a week the Nook touch screen went crazy, Swapped for a nother Nook Color and this one is working perfectly. So when I got the final Nook I was already over the limit. Had to get a second ADE account to be able to activate the Nook. After doing so I couldn't read any of the books I had bought with the Sony or the first Nook. I have an open case with Adobe also and have received a response basically asking for the same info I already gave them. What should my next step be?
delchar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #60
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
You should not get another Adobe account, as you won't be able to read your books on that as you noted. Just forget about that new account and don't use it. More than one Adobe ID will cause you a lot of trouble. Just wait until Adobe has increased the activation count on your original Adobe ID. And take the opportunity to protest to this whole DRM business as much as you can.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote