Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #1
JeanLO
JeanLO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touche 8th white
[ Resolved ] KOReader & Kindle Touch 8th: installation ok but nothing work [ help ]

Hi guys & girls,

I just put my hand on an Kindle Touch 3 8th White ( G000 KA05 ) and try to make it a bit more efficient than the vanilla version. When i got it, it was under the 5.8.10 firmware.

So i jaillbreak it successfully with the downgrade method by using this site

https://www.ereader-palace.com/how-t...e-2016-method/

After that i update to the latest amazon firmware: 5.8.11

Then i install MPRI ( kual-mrinstaller-1.6 ), Kual 2.7, and then kindle-kpvbooklet-0.6.4 & KOReader v2015.11 by followinf these instructions:

https://www.ereader-palace.com/4-mus...g-kindle/#mrpi

Everything went good, no error, but now when i try to open pdf or epub ( without drm ), the screen flash, and bring me back to the home.
If i try to launch KOReader from KUAL, it's the same, screen flash & back to home.

So i do a factory reset, retry the whole process, but dont upgrade to the latest firmware, and keep the KT3_5.8.0 who it needed to the jaillbreak, everything good, no install problem, but it do the same, i can't read any file ( in fact i can't even read pdf with the native reader ).

So i'm bit confuse because i'dont see where and when the problem came... If you have any ideas youre welcolme.

Ps: Sry for the language, english is no my born language.

Last edited by JeanLO; 11-07-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Pps: this kindle seems to be bought under the special ad offer ( if this information can help... )
JeanLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:35 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That version of KOReader is too old for your device. Please try a newer build like this one: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...-10-23-nightly
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2017, 11:36 AM   #3
JeanLO
JeanLO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touche 8th white
One thousand thanks for you Frenzie, may the Valkyries sing your praises for eternity.

Ps: it works perfectly.
JeanLO is offline   Reply With Quote