Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 06-25-2004, 03:56 AM   #31
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
User Agent: Mozilla/3.0 (compatible; AvantGo 3.2)
iSiloX: V4.05 (released today)

Hope you get it working, too
Old 06-25-2004, 05:30 AM   #32
Montalvo
Connoisseur
Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: TT
No. I can't get it. Maybe Im doing something wrong, but my iSiloX log keeps me reporting the same error for everylink:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily

I upgrade from iSiloX 4.01 to 4.05, and I get the same error. I disabled ZoneAlarm, I tried many times, and I get the same. I set the same UserAgent as you...

Even JPluckX can't convert it. So... i dont know what else to do.
Could you generate a log file of your sucessfull conversion, and send it to my email, just to compare it?

Last edited by Montalvo; 06-25-2004 at 05:32 AM.
Advert
Old 06-25-2004, 05:39 AM   #33
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am currently unable to send you an email (from here at work), but I have the log file attached for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip log.zip (3.0 KB, 319 views)
Old 06-25-2004, 05:41 AM   #34
Montalvo
Connoisseur
Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Lightbulb

Wow! Just in the moment that I was setting all for going to sleep (here is now 4:35AM), I tried it one more time, with a modification:

** Setting a PROXY SERVER **
In iSiloX, into TOOLS|OPTIONS...|PROXY
I check the box in USE A PROXY SERVER, and used this address of one of the free proxy servers available on internet: 66.5.146.243 port 80

And now everything is working! Wow, again!

Then.. tomorrow morning I will recreate the script of the channel with all the sections of the first approach (and your suggestions).

Well seems that we finally have a solution.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:53 PM   #35
Montalvo
Connoisseur

Arrow

Ok.. the script was modified and now INTERNATIONAL and NATIONAL sections include the idea of IGNATZ... and seems working fine.

Could any one test it?

Im still using the proxy server from my last post, because the direct conecction doesnt work as fast (maybe an issue with my ISP... I will investigate).

The URL is:
http://tupalmx.com/pruebasphp/grab_todo_nyt.php
Advert
Old 06-25-2004, 06:51 PM   #36
mercedes
Apple and Sony zealot
mercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it is

Device: TH55
* I am using the same user agent that Alexander posted
* Enabled send and receive cookies in iSiloX
* Did not mess with proxy settings

Works great form me, muchas gracias!

I would like to vote for the business and technology sections.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:59 AM   #37
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Yep. Very easy. As Mercedes posts, I didn't even need to insert any cookie info. Just enabling send/receive cookies works.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #38
Arnaud
Enthusiast
Arnaud began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zire71man
Great post! Going to convert with isilo right now!

Edit: Looks good on isilo. I knew that this would be solved by someone finally! Good job!
hello to everyone
i'm brand new here (discovered the site and forums only yesterday, coming from iSilo forums)
i tried it immediately, and the result for me (iSilo 4.05) is not so enthusiastic
the font is really too small, and even if if choose "largest" and "bold" it doesn't render well : almost not readable

it's the only site/adress that does that

am i missing something here ?
Old 06-26-2004, 02:30 PM   #39
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome Arnaud. Glad to have you. Hope you'll stick around and continue to join in!

On the Palm version of iSiloX, form the document menu you can choose Options... Font... Relative/Absolute setting. Maybe choosing "Absolute" and Larger or Largest font size will fix things for you.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #40
Arnaud
Enthusiast

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
I don't think it's the reason...

But while we're at it, what's the difference between "absolute" and "relative" ?
From what i understood, i thought that "relative" would apply only to this file, and "absolute" to all files in iSilo.
That's why for now i've only used "relative"

Am I wrong ?
Old 06-26-2004, 03:51 PM   #41
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
No. Absolute will force iSilo to use the size you specified. The medium sized-font with absolute setting is equivalent to Palm regular font. It's more than readable for most. Try tinkering with the settings and check out the iSilo help file. It will let you learn of iSilo's nuances. Be sure to download the web channel collection found elsewhere in these forums...it's a treasure trove of PDA-formatted links...
Old 06-26-2004, 03:52 PM   #42
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Here's what the iSilo documentation says...

Quote:
Select the desired text display size. iSilo™ can interpret the size in either of two ways:

Relative: Text displays in a size relative to the selected size, so you can select larger to make all text relatively larger or select smaller to make all text relatively smaller.

Absolute: All text displays in the selected size regardless of the font sizes specified in the document.
So, basically, if you have it set to "Relative", you are at the mercy of the document for font sizing. But with "Absolute", you can control the size that is displayed on your device.

If that still doesn't help, you might have installed fonts that are affecting the size at which your text is displayed.

Hope that helps
Old 06-26-2004, 06:03 PM   #43
Arnaud
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR

Hope that helps
indeed it does !
WORKS GREAT

Quote:

Here's what the iSilo documentation says...

So, basically, if you have it set to "Relative", you are at the mercy of the document for font sizing. But with "Absolute", you can control the size that is displayed on your device.

If that still doesn't help, you might have installed fonts that are affecting the size at which your text is displayed.
got it !
now i understand !
you made me learn something VERY useful !!

"medium - bold" is good for me
so good i made it "defaults"

thanks again !!!
Old 06-27-2004, 12:45 AM   #44
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

Montalvo,
The new NYT lins looks great. AND the articles match the NYT site for order of importance! Wow. Great work. I'd love to see Arts, Tecnology, New York Metro, Book Review and, if possible, the Magazine.

Also... if there is a way to limit the number of articles loaded--- you have 21 International and 15 National articles. Ten max would be enough for me.
Marty
Old 06-27-2004, 07:36 AM   #45
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I'll have to interject and say please don't limit the number. I love to get as much news as I can! But you can't please everyone... Thanks for this contribution!