Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #1
mekaup
mekaup began at the beginning.

Device: windows computer Win 10
Calibre missing books

Have an interesting situation. I have Calibre version 3.34 installed about a week or so ago. I went in to transfer books to a new tablet today and found that all my books from "N to Z" are missing. The opf files are in the book folder on the computer but the jpg and epub files are missing for those books. So the book information shows in Calibre but the cover and book files are gone. I'm working and checking backups but wondering if this is something on my computer or a bug.
mekaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
OPF but no cover is really strange for a book that shows in the GUI (spreadsheet) I would also expect that the spreadsheet would sow a generic cover.

A careless use of remove formats on selected books would possibly result in the FORMAT missing, But it would take a separate BULK (MDE) operation to remove selected covers.

Do you have any SYNC software running? That can get into a Nasty RACE and scramble things. Always pause sync.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
mekaup

Closest thing to SYNC software I have is probably the FBackup software that runs only in the morning. It has also been installed for over 4 months. Had me "stumped". Could not find what happened so I just deleted everything after letter M and reinstalled the missing books from my Samsung Tablet. Messy, since the tablet is old and cranky but I got it done and the books corrected. Today is backup day for Calibre since last backup specifically as a Calibre backup is over 2 months old.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Backup is not the same issue as (2-way) Sync.

For a GREAT backup, you just don't want any files 'in use' (write locked) or the get skipped, and metadata.db is one of the most important of the set to have.

The thing is, I don't know of a VALID calibre action that leaves those crumbs behind.
Delete wipes everything. No record in the GUI. Nothing
Remove a specific format would leave the cover and OPF (and other formats).
There is an Auto-delete feature for items with the TAG of News, but that triggers AFTER a send
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
mekaup

Calibre question

Thanks for the info. I was stumped on this. Got my books back in from the tablet and got a backup run. So far everything is working good.

Tags
calibre missing books