Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
LotusElise
LotusElise began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Kobo Touch upgrade software & how to put ePub file onto e-reader

Hello!

I'm using a Kobo Touch N905C.
I saw that my firmware is version 2 but there was already a version 4 out. How can I upgrade my firmware?
My laptop (with the Kobo app) won't communicate with my Kobo and I'm guessing this is because the firmware is too old.

Besides that I have an ePub book but it's not on my Kobo or other account. How can I upload this to my e-reader?

Thanks for any help and tips!
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:43 PM   #2
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
if you can see your device in my computer in windows, you can upgrade it manually. download firmware unpack it and put all files into /kobo/ folder on your device.

i.e. if your device can connect to pc anyway
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

for epub, just copy - paste a file into your device on root directory
Old 10-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
forster01
Groupie

Code:
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
here is the link for firmware for all devices. its from a members geek1011 signature.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:53 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Your Touch is not too old to talk to your computer. I've got two Touches older than yours, a N905 and a N905B, and have no trouble communicating with my computers. So I think the first thing to do is troubleshoot the USB cable and USB ports. The easiest way to do that is to find another (known good) USB cable and/or find another computer for testing (maybe at a friend's house?). If you can't connect with any computer, then it's possible that you have a bad USB port on the Touch (or gunk in the port). I guess it's also possible that the firmware is corrupted — if so, that might require opening the Touch and re-imaging microSD card (I assume the N905C has a microSD card). But, if you can connect to another computer, it's probably an issue with your laptop's USB port. For some reason, some computers don't put out enough power (I'm guessing) through their USB ports and some folks have reported success by using a powered USB hub between the computer and Kobo. On desktops, I've also seen where the front USB ports don't work for connecting to the Kobo, but the back ones (directly soldered to the mother board) do.

At any rate, your Touch should communicate with your computer via USB, so the first thing I would do is troubleshoot that issue. The rest should be fairly easy to fix once a connection is established.

You didn't say, but I'm guessing you can't connect via WiFi to Internet?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:04 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Okay, now I see that (in another thread) that you have posted a message in Dutch and there, it would seem, you can connect to your computer, but your issue is with Kobo's software. If that's the case, follow the advice (and links) from the other posters about manually updating your firmware. You may also need to update your Kobo software on your computer.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:28 AM   #7
LotusElise
LotusElise began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
Code:
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
here is the link for firmware for all devices. its from a members geek1011 signature.
Thanks for this link!
And thanks for the other replies. I managed to update the software and everything works now
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, kobo touch