Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

New Kindle WiFi showing up in my Manage Your Kindle account

Has anyone else noticed that a new entry has been added to the Your Kindle(s) section of their Manage Your Kindle account webpage? I went there to cancel a subscription and happened to notice "Ceburn's 2nd Kindle" had been added. (Yeah, that's my first name and it is pronounced Sea Burn. Now you know why I go by my middle name Jack! ) The email address associated with it is only partial though and reads "@kindle.com". I thought this was interesting since it is supposedly a month before they will ship my new Kindle WiFi Graphite. This is my first Kindle pre-order, so this might be SOP (standard operating procedure).

Last edited by jswinden; 07-30-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
danachee
danachee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1, Voyage
I just accidentally sent a new book to the not-yet-shipped kindle because I wasn't expecting a second kindle to be there, so I just clicked Buy Now. It was the first entry. I've now renamed it to Dana's Kindle 3, so I know what it is. And yes, it has the missing email. But it looks like you have to assign a different email address to each kindle. I tried to make it the same as my K1, but it refused. So I'll wait until my K3 shows up, then I'll remove the email from my K1 and assign it to my k3.
danachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Good point. The K3 is first in my list too so I better go change the name before I do what you did.

When I purchased my KDXG about three weeks ago they assigned a complete email address to it just prior to when it shipped. I guess they are expecting such a huge number of K3s shipping about the same time that they are going ahead and setting them up in our accounts as the orders come in.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
No they do it each time you order a Kindle.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Mine appeared very shortly after I placed the pre-order. Standard procedure.

And, as in the past, expect your Kindle to arrive with the Whispernet/3G on by default which will result in your archive being displayed.

Last edited by Skydog; 07-30-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Seems like you should be able to queue up things for delivery to your pre-ordered Kindle, since it shows up in MYK. You don't have to wait for the device to show up and pick things from the Archived list.

Correct?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Seems like you should be able to queue up things for delivery to your pre-ordered Kindle, since it shows up in MYK. You don't have to wait for the device to show up and pick things from the Archived list.

Correct?
In my experience w/ purchases of previous models, yes.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote