Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
evan2000
evan2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I'm New!

Greetings All,

So I got my Nook a week ago. So far I like it and I can't wait to see where it goes after a few more OS updates. I do have a battery question. I don't seem to get near 10 days? More like 5. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Evan
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Evan

I find the battery expectations of any of the readers are often much less than advertised, 5 days seems good to me.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
tyncam
tyncam began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
There is a significant difference between charges depending on whether or not the wireless function is on. With wireless enabled, I'm charging my Nook every 2-3 days, vs. every 7-8 days with wireless off.
tyncam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Here in Germany it does not make a difference at all, if wireless is on or off.

I tried it now over 2 nights and in fact it used less power, when wifi was on! Both nights I had it in flight mode: on

First night it used within exactly 9 hours 3% of battery life this night with wifi and flight mode on it used wihin 10 hours only 2%.

The thing that kills battery life is the touchscreen. Use that only if you have to and keep it the rest of the time off.

I did several tests during the last 4 days and the touch screen is realy draining the battery life.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote