Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
circularforward
circularforward began at the beginning.

Device: none
Opticbook 3600 plus or standard when using acrobat pro?

Hello all,

I am looking to get an Opticbook 3600 to scan a few rented textbooks that I might need to look up again for reference. If I'm planning to scan to tiff and then ocr in acrobat pro, would i be fine with just the standard model? Would the page orientation feature of the plus come in handy?

I am new to scanning and appreciate any input. Thanks.

Last edited by circularforward; 01-29-2010 at 03:06 AM.
circularforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
The Straven
Nevermore
The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'The Straven knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: ex-iLiad, DR800SG
Hi circularforward,

I purchased a standard 3600 last year. The software offers the option of flipping every other page (odd or even) in addition to no rotation, but I'm honestly unsure of the differences between the standard and the plus model. I don't bother to preview, so it goes fairly quickly when scanning paperback novels. Every twenty pages or so, however, uneven binding causes a page to be off-center, losing a letter or two on the margin, and then it takes a minute to get sorted out. A textbook with wider margins won't give you that problem. I found the advice given in this forum to scan to 300 dpi grayscale TIFF to be spot on.

- James

Last edited by The Straven; 01-29-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: grammar
The Straven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #3
circularforward
circularforward began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks James!

As my only concern was the automatic page orientation feature, I think I'll go ahead and buy the standard and save a little bit. I'm also going to buy a Squaretrade 3-year warranty on it since I read of so many lamp failures. Thanks again.
circularforward is offline   Reply With Quote