Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
ttf
ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkpad 3, iPad
pdf filename and path on KindleDX

I have a pdf file with name "TestFilename", title: "TestFileTitle", author: "Testauthor".
When I add this into Calibre, the following path\document is created on my PC:
"...CalibrePath...\Testauthor\TestFileTitle (##)\TestFileTitle - Testauthor.pdf" where "##" is the sequence number of the imported file,
no matter what I have defined as template in Preferences - Add/Save - Saving books.

When I go on and send this to the KindleDX, it creates the following path\document on the Kindle:
"documents\Testauthor\TestFileTitle\TestFileTi tle - Testauthor_##.pdf"
again disregarding whatever template was defined.

The KindleDx now pulls the filename "TestFileTitle - Testauthor_##" as the title!
This is ugly at least, because now the display - showing title and author in a row - says:
"TestFileTitle - Testauthor_##" "Testauthor".

Now I don't care how Calibre stores my files on my PC, but I care about the document title displayed, so how can I avoid having the author as part of the title on the KindleDX?
ttf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
By editing the metadata in the PDF file. Presumably something about that PDF file is preventing calibre from changing the metadata in it. So try using some other tool to set the metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
ttf
ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ttf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkpad 3, iPad
But the metadata that Calibre sees are *exactly* those set with Adobe Acrobat.
The title shown by Calibre is "TestFileTitle". Still, Calibre takes the filename as title.

Last edited by ttf; 12-20-2009 at 02:58 PM.
ttf is offline   Reply With Quote