Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
Thanks a lot wallcraft.
I think I make up my mind now:
BEBOOK+Lazer printer is my reading solution now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Yes, one of the advantages of an open device like the iLiad is that you can get software like a screenshot maker on it. These are accurate depictions of the screen, except that the background is gray rather than white and the image is probably larger on your PCs screen than on the iLiad (which has 160 ppi).

There is no doubt that a 8" screen is better for standard PDFs than a 6" screen, and the iLiad's PDF viewer (and its community-provided variants) is more full featured than that on the BeBook. However, it is expensive and has only a ~15 hr battery life and takes ~45 seconds to boot (with no sleep mode). If you want to scribble notes on the PDF, then again the Iliad wins.

I agree with the majority of the comments I have seen on the Forum about typical PDFs and 6" screens, which is that they are not large enough. However, there are some who are happy with that screen size. An 8" screen in landscape mode is just about large enough for PDFs, but the iLiad is a frustrating device which is almost good enough in many ways but not quite polished enough to be successful. So far most indications are that its competitors will have 9.7" screens. These will likely be even better for PDFs, at the cost of a bulkier device. They have also been on the horizon for a long time, but may finally appear this summer or fall.
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote