Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Ninazu
Ninazu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
15 Free books on Amazon

Amazon looks like it is currently marking down 16 books for free. (OK 15 if you don't count the summary of the duct-tape book)
Most (if not all) of these books are the ones that TOR recently gave away for free, so if you missed some, now is the time to get them delivered to your Kindle. I found at least 5 that I had not gotten all ready through the TOR give-away including Old Man's War which I had signed up too late to get.

Just go to Amazon, pull up the list of Kindle books, and sort lowest to highest price. Download away
Ninazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninazu View Post
Amazon looks like it is currently marking down 16 books for free. (OK 15 if you don't count the summary of the duct-tape book)
Most (if not all) of these books are the ones that TOR recently gave away for free, so if you missed some, now is the time to get them delivered to your Kindle. I found at least 5 that I had not gotten all ready through the TOR give-away including Old Man's War which I had signed up too late to get.
duct-tape book ???? what ????

is that available in any other format ? i really think i must have the duct-tape book.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
Ninazu
Ninazu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Duct-tape info

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
duct-tape book ???? what ????

is that available in any other format ? i really think i must have the duct-tape book.
Made To Stick: http://www.amazon.com/Made-Stick-Ide...7079505&sr=1-7

To be fair it is really about ideas and why some seem to survive so well and others dies out. I think the Duct-Tape is used as an example in it.
Ninazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah, ok. thanks for the link. sadly, that's not nearly as funny as an actual book just about duct-tape. or made out of duct-tape. maybe it's for the best ; if it had been really a duct-tape book as i was imagining, and only available for the kindle, it would have been unbearably frustrating.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ah, ok. thanks for the link. sadly, that's not nearly as funny as an actual book just about duct-tape. or made out of duct-tape. maybe it's for the best ; if it had been really a duct-tape book as i was imagining, and only available for the kindle, it would have been unbearably frustrating.
I tried downloading a book made of duct tape. Got stuck in the interweb tubing. Took forever to clean up.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
My little brother is very fond of duct tape and uses it a lot when doing stage electrics for bands and concerts.

252 uses:
http://thezac.com/ducttape/

For wart removal:
http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068853/

Make a wallet:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Wallet

Make bows and flowers:
http://www.ducttapeguys.com/howto/

and bags:
http://www.ducttapecreations.com/

Or a corset:
http://www.geocities.com/clytaemnest...ductapecorset1
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I tried downloading a book made of duct tape. Got stuck in the interweb tubing. Took forever to clean up.
you know i hadn't thought of that. maybe it's for the best afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
My little brother is very fond of duct tape and uses it a lot when doing stage electrics for bands and concerts.

252 uses:
http://thezac.com/ducttape/

For wart removal:
http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068853/

Make a wallet:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Wallet

Make bows and flowers:
http://www.ducttapeguys.com/howto/

and bags:
http://www.ducttapecreations.com/

Or a corset:
http://www.geocities.com/clytaemnest...ductapecorset1
oh yay, i can make my own duct-tape book !!! and matching corset !! stylie. thanks patricia !!
Old 07-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
lensman
lensman doesn't litterlensman doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Why? Just need to use some WD-40.
lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Don't you know that Man's greatest inventions are: duct tape, WD-40, and air conditioning?
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninazu View Post

Just go to Amazon, pull up the list of Kindle books, and sort lowest to highest price. Download away
Thanks for the tip. Just downloaded two.
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #11
jams1fan
Kindled
jams1fan is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle, Treo 700p
I know these books are free, but are they any good? I'm not familiar with any of these authors.....
jams1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #12
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jams1fan View Post
I know these books are free, but are they any good? I'm not familiar with any of these authors.....
I looked for four or five star review ratings, then clicked through to the reviews and read them. That's how I selected a couple to try, "Old Man's War" and "Reiffen's Choice"
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #13
jams1fan
Kindled
jams1fan is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle, Treo 700p
Ya, I'll do that...Can't go wrong with the price
jams1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jams1fan View Post
I'm reading "The Outstretched Shadow" by James Mallory, right now, and really enjoying it. It's a well written human-centric fantasy. Though there is mention of Elves, Centaurs, Demons and Dragons, they're off-stage for now, except for the Demons, and might I add "ewwwww".

Carl
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #15
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I just hope this doesn't mean Tor has signed an exclusive deal with Amazon to deliver its product line only for the Kindle. (Nothing against Kindle owners, but it would be rather unfortunate for the rest of us.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote