Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #181
JonnyXDA
Android Developer
JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Hey, that's a good idea I think it's also simple to do, see the latest changes to the code:
https://github.com/dbeinder/kobo-nig...rc/screenInv.c
Yeah I saw this in the actual file (didn't check the github commit) and tried to add the extra function for what I called in the config "daymode" but the device didn't boot with my code and I had to reset it (probably because I don't have much knowledge of C++ but I thought I'd give it a go before asking )

Anyways with the information davidfor gave, it now becomes redundant
JonnyXDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #182
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Ok, I played a little and for my taste 6 is enough. Setting it to 8 already makes the 8th page text "faded".

I noticed that there's a FrontLightLevel option under [PowerOptions]. I think that I do not need the frontlight hack anymore for my 2.4 firmware if I set it to 1.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #183
hreader
hreader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoq View Post
Have fun!
thank you!
@davidfor nice to know, thank you!
hreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #184
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
This is fabulous, Kevin. Thank you so, so much!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #185
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Well, actually the hack author is yoq; Kevin had the original idea.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #186
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Sweet. Thanks!
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #187
Eddie_Brock
Eddie_Brock began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Wireless
<long time lurker, first time poster>

If I am reading the github correctly, this cool mod no longer works with the latest firmware?
Eddie_Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #188
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_Brock View Post
<long time lurker, first time poster>

If I am reading the github correctly, this cool mod no longer works with the latest firmware?
No idea about 2.81, but it still works with 2.61.
At least if you trigger it with Files Monitor.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #189
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
I just upgrade my Glo to 2.8.1 followed by re installation of the latest night light build. I am happy to report that it works perfectly!
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #190
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevenv View Post
I just upgrade my Glo to 2.8.1 followed by re installation of the latest night light build. I am happy to report that it works perfectly!
I just installed it on my Aura running 2.8.1 - same result, works seamlessly as before.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #191
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhigh View Post
I just installed it on my Aura running 2.8.1 - same result, works seamlessly as before.
Add my Aura to the list.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #192
Eddie_Brock
Eddie_Brock began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Wireless
I got it to work just fine with the newest version of Fmon. Thanks to the developer for this great tweak!
Eddie_Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #193
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Do you think it would be possible to have this activate only when reading a book, like keep the home screen, other apps and sleepcover non-inverted?
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #194
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Do you think it would be possible to have this activate only when reading a book, like keep the home screen, other apps and sleepcover non-inverted?
I don't think this is possible with the current night mode hack. It is somehow OT, but if you like you can do this.
Spoiler:
You can use .kobo/kepub/kepub-book.css to get something similar to the night mode. I use a file wob.css

Code:
html {
    color: white;
    background-color: black;
}
.KBHighlighting{
    color: black; 
    background-color: white;
}

.KBSearchResult {
    color: black; 
    background-color: white;
 }
With Kobo Launcher I start one of two scripts to activate or deactivate the white on black mode:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cp /mnt/onboard/wob.css /mnt/onboard/.kobo/kepub/kepub-book.css
Code:
#!/bin/sh
rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/kepub/kepub-book.css
The text of kepub/epub.kepub books will be displayed white on black. Everything else remains as it was.
Note that this does not work for epub.

You can find Kobo launcher here, and information to kepub-book.css here.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #195
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
The problem is, the mod sits at a lower level than the kobo reader app (so it should work with any application):
  1. Kobo Reader App (nickel)
  2. QT User Interface Framework
  3. Driver
  4. Hardware

My mods scans the communication between 2) and 3) and makes changes when the nightmode is activated.
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch