Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
caroliv
caroliv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo basic
Angry Kobo not charging and mangled USB ports

My Kobo (one of the originals) no longer holds a charge. When you turn it on, it glows red, then briefly blue before shutting down again. Now it no longer even gets to the blue, it just glows red for a second and shuts off.
I have no problem with buying a new one as this one is clearly toast, but the problem is that when I plugged it into my laptop and then my Netbook to try to charge it, it has burned out my USB ports on both and they no longer work.
That has me really mad and looking for answers. I need my USB ports for my Rocket stick and now have no internet access when I travel.
Any ideas anyone???
caroliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I had similar problem with a defective SD card reader burning out my desk top computer front USB ports. There is fuse on mother board that burned out to prevent further problems and I never plugged it into other USB ports which still works. I never tried to replace the fuse that is part of mother board with a black spot at fuse location. Don't know if possible to replace this fuse to regain lost USB port function.

Non replaceable USB cable was part of the card reader so it could have been a cable problem.

Last edited by filmo; 01-25-2013 at 07:04 AM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert