Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 06:45 AM   #16
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanine View Post
I can confirm that the flipping problem is a hardware issue, as using the original ipdf binary from iRex still exhibit this problem. My flipbar actually got worse, now it won't even respond to forward flips sometimes!
Although I am not sure if the flipping problem is a hardware issue, I am very sure that it's not a bug of ipdf. Because it also happends in my own image viewer. My code is pure, none is borrowed from ipdf. Since I don't need long-forward, I set it to flip one page, just as short-flip.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
Atom_
Enthusiast
Atom_ began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
First of all thanks to alanine for this great hack, which makes reading scientific papers (and some other publications) a reality... Great!!!

The thing is that I noticed that when annotating in column mode, when I move around on one page (wonderfully advancing through the columns) only the upper part of the annotations are shown, as if they were written in a transparent slide and you always see the top area of this slide, although the paper page moves below.

Thus, if you take some notes on the lower part of the page, the are shown as you write them, but if you advance and then go back, they are gone an you only see the upper part ones.

This is a visualization artifact, as when you zoom out to full page view, all the annotations are ok, as intended when written. But of course this makes annotating papers an almost impossible task as half of the time you don't see what you previously wrote/draw.

I assume that there would be no easy solution to this, as the sources for the last version seem to be lost and alanine does not seems to be around latetly... mmm... or perhaps I'm wrong?

Anyway, thanks for the mod, it's great just being able to read the papers easily.
Atom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert