Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
dalkema
dalkema began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
update 0.8.60 on gateway laptop/vista

when i try to update calibre from0.8.35 to 0.8.60 I get a rollback and error message that it stopped prematurely. How do i install updates without losing stuff?
When i updated to 0.8.35 I ended up having to uninstall calibre and lost all my metadata.
dalkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalkema View Post
when i try to update calibre from0.8.35 to 0.8.60 I get a rollback and error message that it stopped prematurely. How do i install updates without losing stuff?
When i updated to 0.8.35 I ended up having to uninstall calibre and lost all my metadata.
That will not happen. I don't know from which version you upgraded to 0.8.35, but for quite a while now (looks like since at least version 0.8.8, which is a year old) upgrading and even uninstalling Calibre will leave your library intact. The installer will not touch it.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
If you lost your metadata, you deleted the 'library' folder (contents), which 'uninstalling' won't do (preferences and all Libraries are left behind).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
dalkema
dalkema began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks, now how do i get it to update to 0.8.60?
dalkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks, now how do i get it to update to 0.8.60?
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id12
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert