Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Free PDF to text OCR Converter

I just noticed that Giveawayoftheday are offering a free PDF to text OCR convertor today. Note you have to download and install it within the next 24 hours or so. The description is:-
PDF OCR is based on OCR technology to convert scanned PDF paper books and documents into editable electronic text files fast and easily. PDF OCR has a build-in text editor which allows you to edit ocr result text without MS Word.
PDF OCR also supports batch mode to OCR all pages of pdf file to text at a time. PDF OCR has a Scanned Image To PDF Converter, which means you can create your own scanned PDF books.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

I have not tried it but will be downloading it when I get home from work.

HTH
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I've got this installed and will shortly be trying it out. It's actually adware, and if you don't use the advanced install options and say no to everything you will get a lot of junk installed with it. I advise caution......

Edited to say it's just a print to pdf printer driver, no ocr element or convert pdf to text that I can see. So actually nothing you can't do with cute pdf, which is free all the time.

Last edited by piperclassique; 04-02-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: More information
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert