Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
philipca
philipca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How can I indicate what books I've read in my Calibre Library?

I've got a relativity large library on my iMac. I download a few books at a time to my Kindle but how can I indicate which books I've read in my library? Ideally I'd like to move them to another folder but, if that's not possible, that have some sortable tag to show which books I've read. Any ideas?
Thanks, Philip
philipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipca View Post
I've got a relativity large library on my iMac. I download a few books at a time to my Kindle but how can I indicate which books I've read in my library? Ideally I'd like to move them to another folder but, if that's not possible, that have some sortable tag to show which books I've read. Any ideas?
Thanks, Philip
search this forum, there are dozens (some in the last few days) of threads on 'read' and 'to be read' columns or tagging.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
philipca
philipca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Since thanks - I knew it must be simple - and it was. Thanks to theducks for not making me look stupid (which, of course, I am!!) but directing me on what to do.
philipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Since thanks - I knew it must be simple - and it was. Thanks to theducks for not making me look stupid (which, of course, I am!!) but directing me on what to do.
There a bunch of different ways.
Your job is to figure out which one fits your style.

If , after reading the threads you have other questions about the advantages or disadvantages of your selected approach, ask here.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Searching for these items can be tricky, try this search.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Searching for these items can be tricky, try this search.
You had an extra space before mobileread in your "site:" specifier. It's not critical, as most results are mobileread anyway, but this would be the search you intended:
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote