Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
spainter
Kindle-holic, book slut
spainter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
How do I send my Calibre books to my Amazon cloud?

I just received my new Kindle4, as a replacement for a broken Kindle Keyboard. I can no longer send items to my @free.kindle.com. As I started to move books from Calibre to the K4, it occurred to me there may be a way to move my Calibre books to my cloud documents so that the others in my shared amazon account could choose them as well without my sending them to each individual kindle. I just cannot figure out if there is a way to do this. I've searched here and on kindle discussion board and not seeing where others are doing this, but I could be missing some easy steps. If you know of a way to do this, please let me know. It would make it so nice to share my calibre books through the cloud! Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide.
spainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by spainter View Post
I just received my new Kindle4, as a replacement for a broken Kindle Keyboard. I can no longer send items to my @free.kindle.com. As I started to move books from Calibre to the K4, it occurred to me there may be a way to move my Calibre books to my cloud documents so that the others in my shared amazon account could choose them as well without my sending them to each individual kindle. I just cannot figure out if there is a way to do this. I've searched here and on kindle discussion board and not seeing where others are doing this, but I could be missing some easy steps. If you know of a way to do this, please let me know. It would make it so nice to share my calibre books through the cloud! Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide.
The address just changed to <yourID>@kindle.com. try that
I turned off the backup when I side loaded the K4
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
spainter
Kindle-holic, book slut

thanks theducks. When you say side loaded, you mean with the usb cable, correct?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks theducks. When you say side loaded, you mean with the usb cable, correct?
USB or Calibre content server via Wifi
Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #5
spainter
Kindle-holic, book slut

I tried several times and could never get my calibre set up for the wifi. :< I've had to stick with the USB cord. Oh well, still love Calibre and kindle!
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I tried several times and could never get my calibre set up for the wifi. :< I've had to stick with the USB cord. Oh well, still love Calibre and kindle!
All you do is start the content server (it is under sharing)
all the rest is done from the K4
If you have set up the wifi part of the K4 (you will be able to 'Shop Kindle Store')
Home screen
Menu: Experimental
Start Browser
enter the IP of your Calibre Content server machine
add a :8080 to the end (or the alternate port you assigned)

from there it is Calibre CS navigation:
Select Mobi content
and the book will appear (as New) on your Home list.

Tags
amazon cloud, calibre, kindle4