Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #16
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I've read a lot of good reviews on the Tuff-Luv cases. If it is a tad too big you could always pad it with a bit of foam.

For those thinking about a universal case with four corner straps, I wonder if using three straps along with a small piece of velcro at the location where the upper-right strap should go will work? It might be worth a try.
ACtually on that note I only use the 3 straps on my touch for the reason stated the button being buried under the strap. I have not had it fly out yet I dont anticipate it will either. But that said I imagine the possibility is there that it could if it was dropped or tossed so to speak. I am not too keen on disfiguring my touch with a bit of Velcro glued to the back. Not sure if the result matters just my person preference I guess. What would be nice if there were side indents in the touch to allow for a clip in harness. Like you get for some of the cell phone cases out there. otter box comes to mind.

Any way your suggestion is very servicable. I have the Idigo book cover like it and its similar to your suggestion.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
As to this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00573LRIE

It is an ill-fitting generic pouch/stand - two inches wider and two inches taller than the KT = huge!

The stand-up feature puts the KT at about 15 degrees from vertical, which is too upright for reading when placed on a table in front of you.

The included carabiner and "screen protector" are simply irrelevant filler.

Definitely not recommended, even if it were free.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diag.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	74357   Click image for larger version

Name:	stand.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	74358  

Last edited by EldRick; 07-14-2011 at 04:49 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #18
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post

It is an ill-fitting generic pouch/stand - two inches wider and two inches taller than the KT = huge!

The stand-up feature puts the KT at about 15 degrees from vertical, which is too upright for reading when placed on a table in front of you.

Does that mean you got it? Just curious cause I was unsure of the safty of it. That said even the one I have offers limited protection and its by Kobo/Indigo.

So can you post pictures if you have time of the points you mention? If not no worries just easier to picture when we can see exactly what you mean. I dont know about the vertical on the table I prefere to hold it or lay it flat.

Any way thanks for letting us know.
I see you added pictures. Gives us a better idea of what you are meaning. Thanks for the update

jack

Last edited by jackastor; 07-16-2011 at 09:56 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #19
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Custom case

After getting the 1.9.6 release, I decided to keep my Kobo Touch. I haven't been able to find a case or sleeve that I like. I was tempted to buy one of the sleeves from indigo/chapters but many reviewed it as being too tight or causing stains on the Kobo.

After much searching, I've decided to buy a hand made sleeve from etsy.com. There are some cute designs. I've leaning towards the seller "bertie's closet" here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/bertiesclos...=bertiescloset

Haven't decided yet which design I'm going with but will give an update once I receive it.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #20
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post

Thanks for posting the review and pictures. When I originally followed the link from your previous post I thought it looked promising but I wondered about the carabiner? I imagined it must clip onto the case somehow but apparently not. Seems rather odd.

I won't bother trying it now so you've saved me time and postage. Thanks.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #21
ics1974
ics1974 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ics1974 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ics1974 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, Iphone 4
I have the Roots sleeve. Yes it is tight at first but it does loosen up after a few days. Mine fits perfect now.

Last edited by ics1974; 07-30-2011 at 01:37 PM.
ics1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #22
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Does anyone have experience with the Techee cases on Etsy? They are quite affordable and say they have a hard protective layer which is appealing. I am just looking for a slip case so this looks like a good choice:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RogueTheory?section_id=6673412
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
Deniseg53
Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.Deniseg53 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo
Verso makes a case for the Touch. Borders sells them. They're also coming out with new Touch gelskins in a week or so.
Deniseg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #24
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniseg53 View Post
Verso makes a case for the Touch. Borders sells them.
When I bought my KT at the Borders store, the rep recommended the Verso case, so I bought it. But when I got home & opened it, it was too big for the KT. It had about two more inches at the top, so I returned it. Not sure if Verso has made a case for the KT, so I would double check if it's the size you're looking for first before buying it.

I asked for any other cases specifically for the KT, but they didn't have any yet (this was on Friday). Said they are planning on getting something end of the month.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #25
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
In Canada, I picked up a case for my KT at Chapters/Indigo this weekend. You have to be careful because there are a lot more case styles available for the larger Kobo wifi than for the smaller KT. The store I was at had 3 different styles for the KT - the Roots sleeve, the Kobo book style cover, and a Kobo zippered cover. I am told that not the all stores are carrying all of the styles. The zippered cover isn't on the Chapters website, so I took a photo. The wavy bit in the front is a pocket, fits the KT perfectly, and costs $25 Canadian.

Last edited by anonymoose; 07-18-2011 at 11:23 PM.
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I'm currently using a (Clean) thick hiking sock chopped down to protect my KT.
When a nice leather flip type case becomes available I will buy one.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #27
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
any of these cases work for the KT. My wife uses the cities case an I use the typewriter case.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=verso+cases
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #28
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
any of these cases work for the KT. My wife uses the cities case an I use the typewriter case.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=verso+cases
The Kindle is much larger than the KT...how does the device fit in the straps?
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #29
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
From what I can see, the closest match to the KT at the moment is the Sony PRS-650... perhaps cases designed for them are an option.
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #30
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmosh View Post
The Kindle is much larger than the KT...how does the device fit in the straps?
See this post

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=12
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel