Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
markjoseph
markjoseph began at the beginning.

Device: nook kindle
Help with epub! Is my book ready?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and new to e-books in general.

I outputted my book from indd to html. Then I created chapters and a toc in Sigil and set formatting and metadata in Jutoh (which was really buggy, btw). I now have a epub version I'm thinking about uploading.

It looks perfect in Adobe Digital Editions, fine in Sigil. But it lacks all italics in Calibre Reader.

Question 1: I'd like to check it on a nook but my Nook for PC doesn't seem to have a way to upload it. Is there a way?

Question 2: Is my book ready for uploading to Lightning Source or should I check it in some other ways? Thanks for taking the time to help. markjoseph
markjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Have you uploaded it to Epubcheck / Flight Crew, or used the Jutoh option to check it in those programs?

I think of Lightning Source as a print-on-demand operation. Why are you uploading an epub to it?
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
markjoseph

Thanks, Oldpilot. I didn't know about Epubcheck/Flight Crew. Lightning Source also distributes ebooks and I have an account with them. It's the first place I'm uploading to. Do you know any places to upload the epub format for online sales? markjoseph
Old 12-25-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
markjoseph

Hi All -- and Oldpilot.

I just ran Flight Crew. All the embedded fonts received the following message "This resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but it's not reachable (it's unused)."

Four lines in Chapter one had this message:"ID value 'copy-of-the-word-gang-v-15' is not unique." That's an old name I though I'd gotten rid of. MY book is called "The Word Gang"

Do I need to worry about either of these errors. btw. The general font used is Minion Pro and the ebook usually displays in that, although I understand most E-readers can and do override embedded fonts at will. thanks, markjospeh.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:25 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoseph View Post
But it lacks all italics in Calibre Reader
An appropriate question for the calibre forum. You should submit a bug report, find info on submitting the report here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoseph View Post
Do I need to worry about either of these errors. btw. The general font used is Minion Pro and the ebook usually displays in that, although I understand most E-readers can and do override embedded fonts at will. thanks, markjospeh.
While you may get folks here in the calibre forum to answer you, further generic questions on ePub should be asked in this forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, epub, jutoh, sigil