Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Gifting Kindle Books Across Countries

I'm just wondering how pricing differences are handled between countries.

For Instance

Susan Elizabeth Phillips upcoming book Call Me Irresistible is $12.99 in the US and $9.99 in Canada.

If my Son with a Canadian Kindle address were to gift me (US Address) the ebook, would he pay the $9.99 or $12.99 and then when I went to download it would I have to make up the difference?

Anybody try it yet?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I haven't tried it yet, but according to Amazon's site, the only reason the recipient would not receive the gifted book is because of copyright restrictions for their country, in which case they are given the option to exchange it or receive credit in the amount the giver paid for the gift. They also specify that "there is no charge to receive a gift", which implies that they do not charge the recipient in the event of a pricing difference.

More info here: Kindle Gifting
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert