Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Ready to buy first book for JBL

Hi everyone,

I'm ready to buy my first book for the JBL. I've been loading it up with free books up to now, but I want to buy our next reading group book for my new reader. This particular book is available at several vendors including B & N. The cheapest is at WHSmith eBooks UK (I'm in the US). Any positive or negative experiences buying and adding books to the JBL (latest firmware).
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I purchased several books from B&N website and loaded it on my jetBook and jetBook Lite without any problems.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've bought mostly from Kobo, but have also purchased from BN and loaded free books from Sony and Borders. No problems. The only thing that was a little confusing, if I remember correctly, was authorizing the BN books with my name and CC number--no spaces in either your name or CC number.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If you are not removing the DRM imposed on your purchases, to restrict your use of
the books you buy, then the JBL can accommodate three strains of the infections,
the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) DRM for .epub&.pdf files, The Secure eReader DRM for
.pdb files, and the Barnes&Noble (B&N) DRM for .epub files. Of those three, the B&N
offers the simplest and least intrusive process for the purchase of current high profile
releases from the major publishers. The ADE scam is more widely adopted and is also
used by most USA library systems to loan books. There are a few online retailers that
offer at least some ebooks for sale without DRM, (Baen Books is a well liked example)
and others like Powells that offer a number of different options.

A great resource to keep in mind:

http://inkmesh.com/

If you learn how to remove the DRM you can of course buy from anyone and in almost
any format, if you learn to use Calibre to convert to any of the many formats that the
JBL supports, (I like .epub myself.).

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 12-19-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Well, that was easy. I was going to buy it from Diesel Books, but I found their web site a bit buggy, and when the total price was more than the book price without any explanation, I cancelled that and purchased from BooksOnBoard instead. I already had ADE installed, so it was a piece of cake. Just dragged and dropped the book to the device in ADE and there it was. Started reading last night.
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert