Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Lightbulb Pocketbook Global launches new reader at CEBIT

Pocketbook Global, third biggest manufacturer of E-Ink readers in the world, will be present at the CEBIT exhibition in Hannover, Germany, from march 2 to 6. This new company is the result of the fusion of two highly successful companies in their own right, namely OEM hardware producer Netronix from China and creator of reader firmware and hardware Pocketbook from the Ukraine, thus enabling Pocketbook Global to offer today's best in software and hardware as far as ebook readers are concerned.

Pocketbook Global plans to offer more than 20 different readers by the end of this year. In Hannover, the following devices will be available in Hall 14/15 Stand D09:

• The Pocketbook 301+, a highly reliable device with 6” screen and featuring the feature rich PocketBook firmware
• The PB360°, a stylish, essentially mobile reader with 5” screen and a hard cover that makes it a “real” sturdy pocket book
• The PB302, a newly developed 6” E-Ink reader with all the bells and whistles of a modern device including touchscreen, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity and USB host capability.

The PB302 features an onboard ebook store with an incorporated pay system that makes it possible to shop online without ever needing to use a computer. In this shop, called Bookland (www.bookland.net), Pocketbook also offers a wealth of free books in English, German and French. The official launch of the PB302 will take place at the CEBIT on march 5 at a press conference opening at 10 am.

Of course, everyone is invited to come see us at our booth for a friendly chat and a demo of our devices. See you at the CEBIT!
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Great news, heh!))

Last edited by Yar-PocketBooker; 02-18-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Will the Pocketbook 302 work with ad-hoc wifi points? I use my cell-phone to generate a wi-fi hotspot; this is my primary form of internet access. Will the 302 be able to connect to this type of hot-spot?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Great news, heh!))
It'll be great news when we finally see a video review of the illusive 302
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
It'll be great news when we finally see a video review of the illusive 302
illusive? Feels quite real to me!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Wow Good news to me
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
Hogan
Zealot
Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Hogan , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
illusive? Feels quite real to me!
You've got to be kidding! I have yet to see a video review of the 302 without the glare screen. You'll forgive me for only believing when I see it, since I've been waiting for this since last summer, with lots of target dates and as yet no review of the finished article.
Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Will the Pocketbook 302 work with ad-hoc wifi points? I use my cell-phone to generate a wi-fi hotspot; this is my primary form of internet access. Will the 302 be able to connect to this type of hot-spot?
From my experience, yes. The device is quite reliable in detecting hotspots. SSID is working quite fine indeed.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
The device is quite reliable in detecting hotspots.
An ad-hoc WiFi network is Peer-to-peer, and I don't recall seeing this mode supported by any dedicated Reader yet (I think I read that the Boox 60 does not support this for example). On the other hand the 302 has bluetooth and that is potentially another way to connect to the Internet via a cell phone.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
An ad-hoc WiFi network is Peer-to-peer, and I don't recall seeing this mode supported by any dedicated Reader yet (I think I read that the Boox 60 does not support this for example). On the other hand the 302 has bluetooth and that is potentially another way to connect to the Internet via a cell phone.
Oh good to know. I am a noop as far as cell phone connectivity goes. Thanks for the info. Bluetooth is working fine.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Oh good to know. I am a noop as far as cell phone connectivity goes. Thanks for the info. Bluetooth is working fine.
Are you able to connect to the internet via Bluetooth?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:

Luqman
I haven't tried, to be honest, Via W-Lan is so much faster. I just connected. I will try.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #13
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:

Luqman
Yes
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Yes
Thanks. So I can go on using my trusty W-Lan. I have already added about a dozen RSS-feeds.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #15
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
can it connect to a wifi network which is not broadcasting and SSID? I know my Roku box can have a problem when I shut off the SSID...I know, I know...it's still easy to see if you really are looking. But hey, every leetle bit helps...

Given that WPA has been cracked, we run nothing less than WPA2 with a HUGE key which I do change periodically (lots of kids getting to "that age" in the neighborhood so I wanna give them a moving target for as long as I can... ). How does the 302 deal with WPA2 and long keys?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookland, cebit, pocketbook 302