Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #46
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
I got the cover! I love it. The color is every bit as gorgeous as I had hoped it would be, and I doubt the color border will bother me at all. It's definitely not as orange as the pictures. It's a beautiful coral color, which is exactly what I was hoping for.
Yay I'm glad it you got it and love it! It's my favorite cover I have ever had on a kindle, I really love it too.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #47
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The Kindle Paperwhite cover is hands-down the best cover I've ever had. Since it's identical to the Kindle Basic Kindle cover, without the magnetic clasp, I obviously see that clasp as a major improvement. I no long have to hunt for the damned little black button on the black case and know I've found it with the green light comes on. Now, it's just like opening a book and reading.
It's a very good cover, alright. One thing that it does is kind of reshape the KP. What I mean is that, without the cover, the KP is subtly the wrong shape for a book. It seems to me to be a little too wide for its length. But somehow, the cover seems to deal with that.

I still like my Sony T1's basic case a tiny bit better, though. It might just be that the T1 is slightly smaller than the KP. With the cover on, the T1 fits in my jeans' back pocket. With cover, the KP doesn't.

The KP cover seems to add more weight, proportionately, to the KP than the Sony cover does to the T1.

There's no doubt that the KP cover's Open/On feature is neat.
This is really a YMMV area, though.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #48
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
I got the cover! I love it. The color is every bit as gorgeous as I had hoped it would be, and I doubt the color border will bother me at all. It's definitely not as orange as the pictures. It's a beautiful coral color, which is exactly what I was hoping for.
Glad to hear the color is up your alley! Enjoy
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #49
archerwoo
Enthusiast
archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3;Ip4
The pink cover is so nice.
archerwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #50
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
I'm amazed at how much I'm enjoying this cover. Despite the fact that I wanted a cover that allows me to read with one hand, reading in bed last night and holding it like a regular book brought back a flood of cozy reading memories (I know that sounds a bit corny! ). I don't think I realized just how much I had missed the feeling of reading a paper book until last night.

I'm also happy to confirm that the color border doesn't bother me at all. I don't notice it when I'm absorbed in a book.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #51
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i am glad to hear that the color border doesn't bother you. i will be ordering the pink cover and it looks pretty bright to me in the pictures but i am sure after a couple days i won't even notice it's there.i have a pink cover on my kindle touch now and it's more than just a 'border' cover and that doesn't bother me at all. i can't wait to get my paperwhite
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #52
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm amazed at how much I'm enjoying this cover. Despite the fact that I wanted a cover that allows me to read with one hand, reading in bed last night and holding it like a regular book brought back a flood of cozy reading memories (I know that sounds a bit corny! ). I don't think I realized just how much I had missed the feeling of reading a paper book until last night.

I'm also happy to confirm that the color border doesn't bother me at all. I don't notice it when I'm absorbed in a book.
I use mine one-handed: just flip the cover all the way over.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #53
Rosie-Posie
Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ordered the pink one and I hope it can be folded all the way back because I really don't want to use both hands while reading in bed.
Is it designed to be folded all the way?
Rosie-Posie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #54
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Me too!

I have to say that I really dislike reading paper books now. I'm reading one currently and it's quite large (over 1,000 pages) and it's such a pain to keep open. The binding is really tight and hard to see the words near the spine. I can't wait to get back to using my PW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie-Posie View Post
I ordered the pink one and I hope it can be folded all the way back because I really don't want to use both hands while reading in bed.
Yes, it folds back perfectly.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #55
Rosie-Posie
Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rosie-Posie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whew, good!
Can't wait for both the PW and the cover to arrive... 10 days to go!
Rosie-Posie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie-Posie View Post
It can but like a paperback I read one handed you can read the cover one handed without folding back. It feels more like a real book that way.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #57
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Oh, I know. I meant that it was really important to me to read with one hand, but I'm finding that I missed the feel of holding a book and I'm enjoying holding the cover that way. Sorry if I was unclear.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #58
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I like the Amazon cover and wish it were cheaper. The automatic off/on is great. It's light weight and when I fold the cover back to hold it with one hand I have the front cover between my first two fingers and it feels very secure.

As a guy, the color isn't critical but I'm glad the metal clasp is metallic and not black. My Kindle Basic cover is solid black and if I set the device down on my microwave or even my very dark brown occasional table it disappears. I've stuck a sticker on the Kindle Basic case to help me find it.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #59
soulboogaloo
soulboogaloo began at the beginning.

I bought this one http://www.mobilefun.fr/36644-housse...---pourpre.htm
for its quite cheap price and good looking, but I must say I'm facing the same issues as mentionned regarding the smart on/off switching
Many times flipping it off doesn't put the Kindle in standby, and moreover, I can't even switch off pressing the button, it switches the Kindle on again!
And stranger thing : sometimes when I open the cover, the Kindle is still showing the text, not screensaver... but the backlight is totally switched off! For those who absolutely want to be able to switch it off, can be interesting
More seriously, do you know guys where the magnet is supposed to be? I could try to remove it or something...
Thanks!
soulboogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #60
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Oh, I know. I meant that it was really important to me to read with one hand, but I'm finding that I missed the feel of holding a book and I'm enjoying holding the cover that way. Sorry if I was unclear.
Oooh, gotcha!!