Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 03:12 AM   #16
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ok, then it is something I need to take a look at, it does look like a double encoding.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Ok, then it is something I need to take a look at, it does look like a double encoding.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.0.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Do not double encode title/authors to ensure apostrophes are passed correctly
Old 10-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #19
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Do not double encode title/authors to ensure apostrophes are passed correctly
Thanks for the fix. This appears to be working correctly now.

Found another bug, though. For some reason, I'm getting the wrong published date for some titles. One example, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling shows a publish date of Jan 1947 in Calibre instead of Jun 1999. No idea why since in the logs, the plug-in appears to be getting the correct publish date. Another book with the issue is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince which shows Jun 2000 instead of Aug 2005. There are probably several others that I'm not catching. The only reason I even noticed it in the first place is because a Jan 1947 publish date for Chamber of Secrets is just way, way off and the Half Blood Prince couldn't have been published before the Goblet of Fire.

This is with Calibre 0.8.70. I still need to backup my stuff before I can upgrade to 0.9. Thanks!

Nevermind. Not the plug-in's fault. Apparently, calibre uses WorldCat's xisbn service to check for earliest publication date and for some reason, the Persian version of Chamber of Secrets is listed as being published in 1947. Go figure. Just changed my hosts file so the xisbn points to localhost.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 10-06-2012 at 04:04 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #20
kiwidude

Ilovejdd - sadly this is calibre's fault, and nothing I can do about it from a plugin perspective. Calibre for the most part completely ignores the published dates returned from the plugins and instead uses a date from Worldcat associated with the isbn pool the book is in. And like you it has been my experience that the Worldcat data is utterly crap. It frustrates the heck out of me when I have lovely data possible from Goodreads or Fantastic Fiction or whoever and instead end up with a date wildly in the past or way too recent. That is why there is for instance a feature in Quality Check that reports series that have published dates out of order to pick some of them up, but that doesn't help with standalone novels...

Kovid has said he will accept a patch but with my Sigil work I have no time to do it. An option (or just default behaviour) to only use the Worldcat date if it gets no date from a metadata plugin would be a huge improvement in metadata quality. Perhaps Kovid will take pity if he spots this and do it in one if those 5 minute build down times he has...
Old 10-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Here you go: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/13431
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #22
kiwidude

Ahh, Kovid you are indeed a kind fellow. Thanks very much
Old 07-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #23
Michael_C
Michael_C began at the beginning.

Device: none
Enhancement Request

First of all, thank you for creating/maintaining this plugin.

It would be nice if, when importing genres, subgenres, and time periods, there was the option to have them imported as a concatenated tag (i.e. Romance : Historical Romance : Eighteenth Century : Georgian) rather than as individual tags. The order would be important, genre : subgenre : time periods works well for me but others may have better idea.

Thank you.
Michael_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #24
rosehrt
rosehrt began at the beginning.

Plug in not working

Plug-in for FictionDB is not working for me any more. Plug-in not getting meta data from FictionDB web site.

Keeps returning: Could not find title/authors/fictiondb.
Tested this on books that the that the plug-in returned meta-data on months ago, but didn't find any meta data returned on them either. So I was wondering if the fictiondb has changed?
rosehrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #25
LLC
LLC began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am also not getting meta data from FictionDB. Stopped working altogether approximately October 7, 2013. I know FictionDB changed their web site approximately October 6, 2013. I really miss getting meta data from this source.
LLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #26
kiwidude

Thanks for pointing it out folks. I haven't got time at the moment to fix it, as it looks non-trivial to sort out (for instance the search results could either be a list of results or could have jumped direct to the match of the book). If someone else wants to roll their sleeves up and email a fixed version to me to review then feel free to do so, otherwise it will have to wait a bit sorry...
Old 11-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #27
halfcore
halfcore began at the beginning.

Device: ibook
kiwidude: Please review

Kiwidude,

I have updated your FictionDB plugin and it does pull down data. I just can't figure out why the publisher date is not working or how to split the first tag of age level field. Can you review and give me some pointers?

Thanks,

halfcore
Attached Files
File Type: zip FictionDB.zip (15.8 KB, 545 views)
halfcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I am trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins. This version of the plugin has version number 1.201.0.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FictionDB-qt5.zip (15.6 KB, 523 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #29
Huisie
Enthusiast
Huisie doesn't litterHuisie doesn't litter

I am getting an error when trying to configure this plugin:

KeyError: u'getAgeLevelAsTags'

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.48.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'getAgeLevelAsTags'

calibre 1.48 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\metadata_sources .py", line 323, in configure_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\metadata_sources .py", line 328, in do_config
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\metadata_sources .py", line 270, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.fictiondb.__init__", line 44, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.fictiondb.config", line 86, in __init__
KeyError: u'getAgeLevelAsTags'

Last edited by Huisie; 08-11-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Huisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That suggests there is something wrong with the configuration file for the plugin. Could you delete it, restart calibre and try again? The file is called "FictionDB.json" and is in the "plugins" directory of you calibre settings folder. The open that directory, open the calibre preferences, click on "Miscellaneous" near the bottom and then "Open calibre configuration directory".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote