Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #76
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm a reasonably patient man, very rarely do I swear, but a bank in the UK is getting very close to making me blow my top; for the second time in less than a year. I shal'n't identify the bank by name, but those who know bank names may be able to imagine the name from a few keywords...calm atmosphere, rather austere, monks, nuns, congregations, Georgian chants.
You might make a retreat in an Abbey to calm down. Or perhaps not.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #77
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
<snicker>
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #78
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
<chortle>
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #79
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Just bought a new laptop, my old one was getting long in the tooth. Try as I might, I can't get it to connect with my home wireless network.

Just set up a new PC... same notation on old one as the laptop. Setup and configuration of new SW (to replace old SW that won't run properly on the new OS) is being slowed up by the aforementioned problems with Comcast (Comcast! Sloowwwly I turned...).
Sounds like you need to move to Apple products, they "just work".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #80
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
only just !
Old 05-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #81
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
Every time I see one of those commercial, I scream, "Intuitive, my ass!"

It gets sort of embarrassing when I'm in the waiting area of the clinic.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #82
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

pfff !!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #83
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
only just !
Thank you!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #84
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Thank you!
The pleasure is all mine...

These little comments that are made often tickle me pink...often the sayer doesn't quite realise what they may have said...
Old 05-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #85
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Every time I see one of those commercial, I scream, "Intuitive, my ass!"

It gets sort of embarrassing when I'm in the waiting area of the clinic.
I love their Mac/PC commercials, I always watch them when they're new (I have Tivo, so I don't watch commercials I don't like). But I need to be careful -- the other night I caught myself thinking maybe I'd think about getting a Mac!

Fortunately, after an enthusiastic and thorough self-flagellation the thought passed.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #86
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I love their Mac/PC commercials, I always watch them when they're new (I have Tivo, so I don't watch commercials I don't like). But I need to be careful -- the other night I caught myself thinking maybe I'd think about getting a Mac!
I am getting a Mac. Not because I think it is "better" than windows, but just different. I like to learn new things, and also want to learn how to develop on/for the Mac. Who knows, maybe I will decide it's "better".

BOb
Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #87
zelda_pinwheel

apple makes brilliant commercials. i used to go to the ipod section of the site at least once a week just to watch the ipod ads. (i haven't been in a while though, the original idea was excellent but i really think they've milked it dry, i don't like the later ones as well.)
Old 05-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #88
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
apple makes brilliant commercials. i used to go to the ipod section of the site at least once a week just to watch the ipod ads. (i haven't been in a while though, the original idea was excellent but i really think they've milked it dry, i don't like the later ones as well.)
I like the commercials... but the content was streaching the truth a bit. Where as the later commercials have some outright lies in them. However, I am not going to hold scripts that marketing people come up with against the people that design and develop the devices.

BOb
Old 05-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #89
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Intrigued calling...

"how does one milk an apple?"
Old 05-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #90
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I have a number of commercials I always watch, even though I have no interest in the products for many of them. The Mac/PC commercials I've already mentioned, but I always watch the "Caveman" commercials from Geiko. I enjoy the "Jack" ones from Jack In The Box, but my favorites right now are the "Messin' With Sasquatch" ones from Jack Link's beef jerky.

My all time favorite one was one of the 7-Up "Spot" commercials from the '80s. The ending on it was just hysterical to me.

NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness