Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
deleting tags from available tags list

Is there any way to delete a tag from the list of available tags? I changed my mind on how I wanted to tag several books, and now I have a bunch of old tags cluttering up the list.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Right click on Tags - Administer Tags

Then select the tags you want to get rid of and click the recycle button.
Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Note that tags only show up if at least one book is currently using them so deleting tags in this way removes them from those books. If this is what you are wanting that is fine, but just thought that it was worth checking.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I've got un-used tags that I'd like to delete from the list of available tags in the metadata editor.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I've got un-used tags that I'd like to delete from the list of available tags in the metadata editor.
Un-used tags don't exist. If you are seeing a tag in the dropdown box then that tag is associated with some book.

If you want to know which books search for the tag by entering the below in the search bar and clicking go.

tags:"=Non-Fiction"

Change Non-Fiction to your mystery tag to show what book has the tag associated to it.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-15-2011 at 08:55 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I noticed on the Tags list (to the left of the library listing) that there's an (i) button, but when I've selected a tag, it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there any cleaver way to find out which books a given tag is associated with?
Old 10-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Post 6 above explains how to see what books are associated with a given tag. Or you can click on the tag (red +) in the tag browser to see in the book list what books have that tag.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I noticed on the Tags list (to the left of the library listing) that there's an (i) button, but when I've selected a tag, it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there any cleaver way to find out which books a given tag is associated with?
In the Tag Browser (Tags section ):
Click (just) that one tag name (Green plus will show). Those will be the books shown in the Library view, that have that tag
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote