Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 02:42 PM   #16
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm not sure if changing the top layer to gorilla glass would help. It's the substrate that gets damaged in most cases and all too often with no visible damage to the screen. Unlike quite a few times, I've seen phones and tablets where the screen was shattered but the LCD was still functional if you didn't mind scraping up your fingers.
Well I don't know if it would make a difference for sure either, but it might. The top screen of the K3 isn't gorilla glass and when I dropped mine a while back the substrate did crack. Would it still have done if it had been protected by gorilla glass? I don't know, but it may have survived. Certainly I've dropped my Kindle Fire several times and it has yet to have a serious scratch much less a damaged screen.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #17
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've read a lot of picture books from my tablet over the years to my now six year old simply because it's always nearby (and I've been able to pick up a lot of bargain books). It actually worked quite well when she was a toddler and the experience did not feel inferior to reading paper books with my older children. She's reading as readily as any of her older siblings both with paper books and ebooks.

My older children have stated a preference for paper books but that hasn't stopped them from using their kobos (and they can't lose a ebook as they do paper books).
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2018, 12:57 AM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
I've read a lot of picture books from my tablet over the years to my now six year old simply because it's always nearby (and I've been able to pick up a lot of bargain books). It actually worked quite well when she was a toddler and the experience did not feel inferior to reading paper books with my older children. She's reading as readily as any of her older siblings both with paper books and ebooks.

My older children have stated a preference for paper books but that hasn't stopped them from using their kobos (and they can't lose a ebook as they do paper books).
And unlike paper books you can't just have the bookmark fall out and lose your place either.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote