Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 01:55 AM   #1
Jedi
Jedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Question Kobo pocket bug?

Hello, when i'm saving articles with pocket application from my smartphone or pc and try to read them from my ereader, some of the articles doesn't show up in the ereader.

Is there an explanation why is that happening ? I contacted pocket support but they never answered me and i didn't found at google nothing about it.

Thank you very much
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 02:14 AM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Not all Pocket articles are actually in the format supported on the Kobo. Kobo doesn't support webpages or other non-article content in the built-in Pocket functionality.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2020, 04:09 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can talk to Pocket about this. Sometimes they get the classification of the sites wrong and they can change it so they will be seen as articles. But, as @geek1011 said, it does depend on the page.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:51 AM   #4
Jedi
Jedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Oh... I see.

I wonder, i read newspapers in my ereader and i am doing that simply saving each desired article to pocket from my smartphone and then open it from ereader. Isn't there a way to "save to pocket" the whole site for example www.dailynews.com and then downloading the desired URLS with the articles from in the pocket inside?

I suffer from eye strain and for me reading from smartphones or pc is a really painful
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:10 AM   #5
Cootey
Addict
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE LE, Kindle Paperwhite 7, iPad Air, iPhone Xs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Oh... I see.

I wonder, i read newspapers in my ereader and i am doing that simply saving each desired article to pocket from my smartphone and then open it from ereader. Isn't there a way to "save to pocket" the whole site for example www.dailynews.com and then downloading the desired URLS with the articles from in the pocket inside?

I suffer from eye strain and for me reading from smartphones or pc is a really painful

There isn’t a way to do that. The amount of storage required to pull down an entire website on your Kobo would be enormous, depending on the site. You can tell a page can’t be converted to an article if even the Pocket app views the article as a webpage.

I use Pocket a lot, too, and it can be frustrating when the saved articles don’t show up on my Kobo. If you search in the forums, you’ll see that many people have complained about this. Solutions have been offered as well, but they often are so complex that, personally, I’d rather read the article on the browser instead.

As others above have mentioned, Pocket misclassifies articles all the time. If you’re patient, you can contact Pocket and beg them to have the articles reclassified

There is a quick trick you can try that sometimes works. If a page isn’t showing up on your Kobo, revisit the page in your browser, activate reader mode, then save to Pocket again. You can also try viewing the printer version on the website and send that to Pocket.

Otherwise, you’ll have to make do with reader mode in your browser.

~Dˢ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert