Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2020, 04:08 PM   #1
pcdeni
pcdeni began at the beginning.

Device: k4
Kindle firmware with extras included?

Hi,

I have a k4, that I jailbreak from time to time. From time to time, because it gets bricked, and unbricked. This is when it occurred to me that kubrick could flash a firmware with jailbreak and all packages (KUAL, python, gmplay, usbnet, etc). Or if not kubrick, then just to make it available, because despite of the immense work of the people in the forum, the steps are really hard to follow (every time). I know nobody likes to document, so perhaps instead an "easy" solution could be offered?
Are there such ambitions?
pcdeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
On a however-year old EoL device? Err, going to go out on a limb there, and say: no.

On the other hand, I have no idea what you're doing, because I've never managed to actually brick a Kindle in ten years of messing around with 'em?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert