Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 05:02 AM   #1
Splashling
Splashling began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problem with conversion (a new one)

Hi everyone, I was forced to get into this forum because of a big problem.
I have this PDF document
https://gyazo.com/303976a43f6cbf52166a43c1da2319f8

And when I convert it to MOBI, EPUB and AZW3, this happens
https://gyazo.com/936988cc6a8308fbd023def47ce47a46
By the way, I'm spanish, if you didn't notice it yet.

As can be seen, the text "<<vacas>>" is replaced by "<>". Can anyone explain me that?
Well I think is for the HTML elements, calibre recognize the "<<>>" like an HTML element and replace it to "<>". Is there any option to fix this?
Im using calibre 3.46.0
Splashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:38 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try replacing '&lt;&lt;' with '«' and '&gt;&gt;' with '»' in the Conversion Search and Replace section.

Then decide what you're want to do with the guillemets ('«' '»')

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:53 AM   #4
Splashling
Splashling began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Try replacing '&lt;&lt;' with '«' and '&gt;&gt;' with '»' in the Conversion Search and Replace section.

Then decide what you're want to do with the guillemets ('«' '»')

BR
I fixed the problem, not replacing '&lt;&lt;' with '«' and '&gt;&gt;' with '»'.
Instead of that, I replaced '<<' with '«' and '>>' with '»'. Thank you very much for giving me a hint
Splashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:05 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashling View Post
I fixed the problem, not replacing '&lt;&lt;' with '«' and '&gt;&gt;' with '»'.
Instead of that, I replaced '<<' with '«' and '>>' with '»'. Thank you very much for giving me a hint

I didn't have a PDF with '<<' so I tested a TXT file with '<<', which was converted to '&lt;&lt;' when I added the TXT file - hence my 'wonky' hint

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 3.46.0, html, problem