Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-15-2022, 06:31 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
E-ink Monitors - Tips and Tricks for Using Them?

I have been using a Boox Max3 as an e-ink monitor. It can be pretty handy for reading, but I'm running into trouble with writing.

I wonder what solutions other users have found.

I usually use an hdmi connection and the Boox monitor app. It has various screen options, but they aren't that helpful. It doesn't support touch, and lags with the mouse, making it hard to click the right spots, slowing things down, and making my good arm hurt.

I am currently using a usb-c connection and the Duet app. It doesn't have the screen options, but seems to work without them. It does support touch.

It can be hard to get decent lighting for both displays at the same time.

It helps to have an app to resize windows and to move them between displays. I use Moom.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 04:24 PM   #2
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I'm having a bit more success using it on its own as a word-processor. Collabora doesn't do anything about the blinking Android cursor, but Andropen Office uses a static cursor as wll, so the effect usually seems to pulse instead of flash.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
e-ink displays