Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
Megatron-UK
Connoisseur
Megatron-UK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Easiest way to pre-process the lrf's from libprs500?

My 505 finally arrived yesterday, and I'm really impressed with it - a top bit of kit; all of the guys in the office were loving the screen!

Anyway... over the past week or two I've been preparing some books using Book Designer, and then importing into libprs500 to keep track of them, edit meta data etc, and then be able to upload them.

One niggle I've got is that a lot of the books are collections, or very long, so the initial opening on the device itself can take a long time. A version of Lord of the Rings took nearly half an hour to finish the formatting on the device itself.

What is the easiest way to get the LRF's out of libprs500 and into Ebook Library? I have tried the 'save to disk' option of libprs500, but it sometimes errors out. Will sending them to the SD card using libprs500, browsing the SD card and then importing into Ebook Library work?

What do other people do?
Megatron-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I do is use eBook Library to send the eBooks to my 505. It does the preprocessing and writes the information to the 505 so the 505 does not have to do the work of paginating. Libpro500 does not do the paginating. So the 505 has to do it for you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
Megatron-UK
Connoisseur

I'll give it a go tonight and take all of the books back off and send them through Ebook Library instead.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That will work fine. I've never had a problem once the eBooks were on the reader.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
Megatron-UK
Connoisseur

After one day with the reader I'm already fed up with the Sony software... why on earth doesn't it handle collections like libprs500???

It's just too clunky for me - I'll stick to Kovid's program which handles all of the collection and tagging for me and then run the initial formatting for the larger books while the Reader is charging.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

eBook Library handles collections quite well. All you do is copy the eBooks to the Sony. Then if the collection exists or after you've made it then you select the eBooks you want for a specific collection, drag/drop to that collection. Then you go to that collection, move them around to the order you want and there that collection is done. Do the same for every other collection and that's it done.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
andinho
Enthusiast
andinho began at the beginning.

Device: Fujitsu Siemens Stylistic 5011D, PocketLoox 720, Sony PRS 505
Hi,

as I wrote some days ago I have the same problem, even the Sony software doesn't make the preprocessing anymore. I don't know what I changed because it worked in the beginning. Now it takes some minutes when I open a new document the very first time on the reader.

Thanks
Andreas
andinho is offline   Reply With Quote