Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 05-12-2018, 08:58 AM   #121
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
After claiming to Teleread that the Indiegogo campaign was their "highest priority", Michael finally got around to posting an update on the campaign page. The main reason for the post was to let those backers who had actually received a device know about an update to the firmware. However, he also managed to leave a few words for those backers who are still waiting to receive a device even as he has been offering them for immediate sale at a greatly reduced price on his blog.

Quote:
We are receiving a shipment at the end of May to help fullfill more orders. I realize we are late with some of you guys, but you have not been forgotten.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...r#/updates/all
I wonder if this means that he will now get around to fulfilling his obligations to backers like Tsai fu kai, one of Michael's earliest backers, who has apparently been waiting more than 2 years for the promised device. Remember only bonafide backers can post comments on the Indiegogo campaign page.

Quote:
Tsai fu kai 12 hours ago

Order ID: 21, placed 20,Mar, 2016

please help check the package delivered or give me the expect date.
Thanks

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments
As for the new update to the firmware, it has apparently already bricked at least one device.

Quote:
naushad ahmed 7 hours ago

i upgraded my 13.3 to the new android and now it is totally bricked.
Any chance of getting these returned and refunded?
thanks

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-12-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #122
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, at least it seems that the update to the firmware has made some noticeable improvements to the device for those lucky enough to have received one and to have been able to successfully install the update.

Quote:
rafepurnell 1 hour ago

Well I never expected to post this after watching the way this campaign has been conducted.
The installation of the upgraded firmware using the new files worked.
Goodereader App Store is limited. Google play does not work. Amazon store does work.
So I have all the apps I want including my android darkroom apps and kindle.
I am very happy.
Thanks for sorting this out Michael.
I now possess a wonderfully versatile ereader.

Yay.

I hope that all the backers can finally receive their devices.

Hopefully, those still waiting for a device will receive them soon although I wouldn't wager any money on it.
Advert
Old 05-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #123
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I also wonder how many of the backers from the Indiegogo campaign are aware that Michael is offering the devices at such a reduced rate while they continue to wait for theirs. I don't imagine that Michael will be offering to refund them any of their money if he does indeed eventually deliver on the perks.
Well, each time he posts an update on Indiegogo I get it as an email, which makes me go back to check on the current state of the debacle. I'd say a good number of backers are aware of their current practices.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:22 PM   #124
Question Mark
Wizard

Although they still have unfulfilled orders from their Indiegogo campaign, Good Ereader has just launched a 10.3" campaign on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-and-comfortli

Wonder how many people will back it... Buyer beware.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:35 AM   #125
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT RP1, Remarkable
I wonder did Netronix again design Good E Reader 10.3?

I asked them who's the designer of this 10.3 device, all reply I got is "that is confidential"...I don't understand why acknowledging the original designer can even be a secret?

Last edited by JS_F; 05-30-2018 at 03:50 AM.
JS_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2018, 08:13 AM   #126
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_F View Post
I wonder did Netronix again design Good E Reader 10.3?

I asked them who's the designer of this 10.3 device, all reply I got is "that is confidential"...I don't understand why acknowledging the original designer can even be a secret?
It's most likely a rebranding of an apparently upcoming ereader from Artatech which produces the Inkbook line of ereaders.

in March, Good Ereader posted an article about the Inkbook Infinity which will be a 10.3" eink device with very similar specifications to the device they are pitching on Kickstarter:

https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-inch-e-reader

My advice would be to get it directly from Aratech or an Inkbook supplier because, even if Good Ereader reaches its Kickstarter goal which I seriously doubt, there is no guarantee that they will actually ship the product. After all. two years on, there are still backers from their Indiegogo campaign waiting to receive either a device or a refund and that campaign exceeded their campaign goals many times over.

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-30-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:27 AM   #127
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
It's most likely a rebranding of an apparently upcoming ereader from Artatech which produces the Inkbook line of ereaders.

in March, Good Ereader posted an article about the Inkbook Infinity which will be a 10.3" eink device with very similar specifications to the device they are pitching on Kickstarter: https:<br /> <br /> //goodereader....-inch-e-reader

My advice would be to get it directly from Aratech or an Inkbook supplier because, even if Good Ereader reaches its Kickstarter goal which I seriously doubt, there is no guarantee that they will actually ship the product. After all. two years on, there are still backers from their Indiegogo campaign waiting to receive either a device or a refund and that campaign exceeded their campaign goals many times over.
Thanks. Actually the specification looks impressive on the paper. Curious why Aratech would allow a rebrand version of their product. I mean I don't think Good E Reader can help them further publicise the product, and can possibly confuse consumers.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:39 AM   #128
JS_F
Connoisseur

They delete my comment on the Good E Reader website for questioning their reputation...hmmm Should I maybe keep commenting?
Old 05-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #129
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Although they still have unfulfilled orders from their Indiegogo campaign, Good Ereader has just launched a 10.3" campaign on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-and-comfortli

Wonder how many people will back it... Buyer beware.
Thank you for informing us about their new 10.3 ereader with front-light and SD card.

Looks like more pain for you.

Looks like it was produced by Jezetek:

fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #130
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Thank you for informing us about their new 10.3 ereader with front-light and SD card.

Looks like more pain for you.
No pain for me as I won't be contributing any funds to the campaign. It will be interesting, however, to see how this campaign proceeds.

Quote:
Looks like it was produced by Jezetek:
Could be. I wonder if Jezetek is also producing the Inkbook Infinity 10.3" ereader.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:36 PM   #131
Question Mark
Wizard

In order to entice people to back the 10.3" Kickstarter campaign, Michael made the following statement:

Quote:
Over the past three years we have been involved in the hardware and brought to market a 6.8 and 13.3 e-reader and digital note taker. They were huge successes and we shipped out over one thousand devices.

https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...#disqus_thread
Since there weren't anywhere near a thousand backers for the Indiegogo campaign, and since there are backers still waiting to receive either their device or a refund, it would seem that Michael has just admitted that he used the funds from the Indiegogo campaign to finance his business.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:45 AM   #132
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I posted a comment on the GoodEreader blog, commenting on my still missing 13.3" reader. Anybody wanna bet how long it remains there?
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #133
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
I posted a comment on the GoodEreader blog, commenting on my still missing 13.3" reader. Anybody wanna bet how long it remains there?
Good news: still there after 6 hours. BTW they can't easily delete comments with DISQUS platform.

Was thinking you might get 10.3" instead but I doubt they are going to fund it.
SD card and front light is not enough to balance other low specs.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #134
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
BTW they can't easily delete comments with DISQUS platform.
I have no idea how difficult it is to do, but they regularly delete posts they don't like.

Already, two other comments critical of how they have handled their Indiegogo campaign have been deleted from that article on their blog.

UPDATE: It has already been removed.

Second UPDATE: They have apparently deleted 7 comments so far. (When I go to see that page it shows how many comments have been posted in total, and then it quickly refreshes to show how many actually remain.)

Quote:
I doubt they are going to fund it.
SD card and front light is not enough to balance other low specs.
I think the real reason they will not fund it is because anyone doing a little bit of homework will soon discover how they have treated many of their backers from their Indiegogo campaign and will become wary of their empty promises.

Last edited by Question Mark; 06-01-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #135
JS_F
Connoisseur

Can campaigners remove comments on Kickstarter page, I wonder? I think I can just make $1 contribution and then make some comments there.

Tags
goodereader bad