Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 01:05 AM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
How can I zoom into images?

Some books have images which are integral to the contents. Maps, for instance. How can I zoom into them?
Double tapping or long-tapping doesn't help.

If it's of any relevance, I should disclose that the books are automatically converted into kepub format.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:52 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kepubs support double-tapping the image to open them in an image viewer. This supports zooming. Just checked a couple of books I have with maps at the front and double-tapping the map opened them with no problems. This was with both purchased and sideloaded books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@davidfor: Mildly related minor glitch I noticed with that: if you zoom-in on an image, then pan, the pan offset is memorized, and might be applied to other images even after restoring the initial scaling (i.e., image won't be centered anymore), you need to zoom/dezoom to fix it.

I may be forgetting a few steps there (i.e., might need to switch pages, or swap to another image at one point), I'll double-check.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-11-2019 at 10:40 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kepubs support double-tapping the image to open them in an image viewer. This supports zooming. Just checked a couple of books I have with maps at the front and double-tapping the map opened them with no problems. This was with both purchased and sideloaded books.
Ah, you're right. I realized that to zoom, I had to make my double taps quick. In other words, the second tap must come quickly after my first one. So glad this works. Thanks, David.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:11 AM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Droopy, you're not the only one who had trouble figuring out the zoom - I eventually discovered double-tap by accident after unsuccessfully trying to use the pinch zoom method of my previous ereader
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #6
droopy
Guru

469, I tried pinch-zoom too and was not very pleased when it would go forward or backward a page. LOL.