Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2019, 03:34 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Firmware 4.18.13737 released

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

Have no idea what's different. Just figured I'd get this thread started because I'm curious.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Oh, noooooo. Kobo really wants to make our (me, jackie_w, NiLuJe) life busy ... Every time we finish updating the patches and announce it, Kobo releases another version (this is now the third time).

Fun fact: There are now 5 active versions between the 6 main affiliates (see below).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	affver_20190930.png
Views:	1553
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	173845  

Last edited by geek1011; 09-30-2019 at 04:05 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Oh, noooooo. Kobo really wants to make our (me, jackie_w, NiLuJe) life busy ... Every time we finish updating the patches and announce it, Kobo releases another version (this is now the third time).
Sorry. Does your site automatically search for and update its database when a new release comes out?
Old 09-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #4
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Sorry. Does your site automatically search for and update its database when a new release comes out?
It automatically finds it, shows it on the main page, updates the image in my signature, and downloads a copy to my server within 15 minutes of a release to any of 8 affiliates checked.

Basically,

Automatic: signature image, main table, affiliate-version table, my private archive of firmware versions, other affiliates popup.

Manual: past versions popup, version availability table (the one with a lot of green and red squares, and a column for each version), past versions by hardware table (the one at the bottom).
Old 09-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Release notes somebody? :P
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #6
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Grabbed this on an unpatched H2O original I have laying around.

The update notes were identical to the ones from 4.17 and so far I see no surface changes to anything.

Perhaps David will have details he can share.

The affiliate is set to beta. I don’t plan to update my Forma until patches are released unless there’s something major I missed in this cursory look.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:16 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
It automatically finds it, shows it on the main page, updates the image in my signature, and downloads a copy to my server within 15 minutes of a release to any of 8 affiliates checked.

Basically,

Automatic: signature image, main table, affiliate-version table, my private archive of firmware versions, other affiliates popup.

Manual: past versions popup, version availability table (the one with a lot of green and red squares, and a column for each version), past versions by hardware table (the one at the bottom).
Impressive. And thank you for this.

I've decided to go ahead and upgrade the 2.0. I'm curious if it will work with Calibre (may not because the firmware will be too new). ...

Alright, 4.18 installed without a glitch. ... And Calibre still doesn't like it, but that's understandable since it's a brand new release.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:16 PM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Kobo seems to be releasing updates rapidly. Does it matter if I miss some of the updates with my KA1 and then go to the current version?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:18 PM   #9
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Kobo seems to be releasing updates rapidly. Does it matter if I miss some of the updates with my KA1 and then go to the current version?
For the KA1 this has never mattered.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:31 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo Firmware 4.18.13737

Kobo firmware 4.18.13737 has been released. As of September 30, 2019, it has been released to the Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, and the Kobo Libra H2O. It has not been released to the Kobo Mini. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, rakutenbooks, and the walmartca.

Download Links

Official Links: You can also try the generic links at your own risk:
Generated by kobofirmware by Patrick G (geek1011). Source Code
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
A few changes. Forma owners gaining Dropbox access is likely the biggest one.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
For the KA1 this has never mattered.
It doesn't matter for all Kobo that I know of. My H20 was on 4.7.x and I upgraded to the second 4.17.x.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:47 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I don't know what changes there are, but the patches for 4.17.x (overall) do not work.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:54 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Fun fact: There are now 5 active versions between the 6 main affiliates (see below).
Is there an affiliate for Walmart in the USA? If so, can you please add that to your list of affiliates? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:58 PM   #15
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know what changes there are, but the patches for 4.17.x (overall) do not work.
Yes, I'm starting on the updates in a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there an affiliate for Walmart in the USA? If so, can you please add that to your list of affiliates? Thanks.
Is there any use for this (remember, each affiliate causes an additional 10 requests, and ~0.3s delay)? I haven't seen any versions not caught quickly with the current affiliates yet.

P.S. That Dropbox stuff looks interesting, and gives me quite a bit to play with (I might be able to do something interesting with it).