Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2015, 09:26 PM   #46
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
I have the same problems with energy sistem ereader stock rom. Any solutions found?
Same problems meaning what, judging by the fact that my comment was the last one before yours I would guess you are talking about what I said about the C67ML ROM?

If so I would suggest installing xposed and xblast tools and trying to set holo light and dark background to white and also set pop-up and dialog background to white and set primary and secondary text to black under Visual tweaks->Holo theme that might work as it did for me on the boyue and icarus firmwares but if that does not work as it does not on the C67ML firmware then you might need to edit the xml's in some apk's (mainly in the SystemUI, android framework and all the other apps that have problems) but then again that might not work as for some incredibly strange reason it does not on the C67ML firmware (and it is really driving me crazy cause I really don't see what Onyx could have done to break that).

EDIT: Sorry FOV, it seems it was my fault for the white text on white background thing, it seems xposed breaks the framework in some way, if I keep it uninstalled there is no color problem but if I enable it that issue appears again even without any modules enabled/installed.

EDIT 2: But now it seems I have an other problem that appeared out of a sudden, it didn't happen before and it just started happening a bit before I first uninstalled xposed (was expecting it to be my fault) and that problem is: apps seem to be unable to see the internal sd card correctly, they see it as 0mb even if in Settings->Storage it appears all right.

EDIT3: Forget my EDIT1, it seems that uninstalling xposed did fix it everywhere except in the package installer and that is the only really annoying one.

Last edited by Ranomez; 03-27-2015 at 04:51 AM.
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:42 AM   #47
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Thanks for your input.
I tried it with the holo theme tweaks but couldn't see any difference with or without the tweaks.
Must play further...

BTW: Managed to dissable my "Home Button". But only the one down left. The one "button savior" is providing is working without fuss. Strange...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
If so I would suggest installing xposed and xblast tools and trying to set holo light and dark background to white and also set pop-up and dialog background to white and set primary and secondary text to black under Visual tweaks->Holo theme that might work as it did for me on the boyue and icarus firmwares but if that does not work as it does not on the C67ML firmware then you might need to edit the xml's in some apk's (mainly in the SystemUI, android framework and all the other apps that have problems) but then again that might not work as for some incredibly strange reason it does not on the C67ML firmware (and it is really driving me crazy cause I really don't see what Onyx could have done to break that).

EDIT: Sorry FOV, it seems it was my fault for the white text on white background thing, it seems xposed breaks the framework in some way, if I keep it uninstalled there is no color problem but if I enable it that issue appears again even without any modules enabled/installed.

EDIT 2: But now it seems I have an other problem that appeared out of a sudden, it didn't happen before and it just started happening a bit before I first uninstalled xposed (was expecting it to be my fault) and that problem is: apps seem to be unable to see the internal sd card correctly, they see it as 0mb even if in Settings->Storage it appears all right.

EDIT3: Forget my EDIT1, it seems that uninstalling xposed did fix it everywhere except in the package installer and that is the only really annoying one.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2015, 08:50 AM   #48
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for your input.
I tried it with the holo theme tweaks but couldn't see any difference with or without the tweaks.
Must play further...

BTW: Managed to dissable my "Home Button". But only the one down left. The one "button savior" is providing is working without fuss. Strange...
In which apps exactly you have problems and is it black on black or white on white?
Also could you perhaps backup your system partition as described in 1st post and send me a link so I can perhaps try to mod it to fix the issue?
I have a Wayteq xBook-60fl and if I remember right the stock ROM on that had no black on black/white on white issue but after rooting something was constantly FC'ing when connected to the PC (I think either android.process.acore or android.process.media) so if you want I could try to send you my old sytem image (but mine is a t61 so I'm not sure you will still get sound on that) so you can flash and see if that is good enough for you but if you want to flash an other ROM I really would recommend trying out the C67ML one it has a lot of nice things to offer and is really stable and fast compared to other ROM's and after setting holo black background to black and dialog and popup background to black in xblast it is much more usable, you do afterwards get quite some black text on black background in most dialog windows but most of the rest of the system is then free of white on white/black on black (or you could try the 1.6.9/1.6.7 whatever the version was, it wasn't the latest firmware but it had absolutely no black on black/white on white).
Old 03-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #49
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Constant Bootloop

I'm now in constant Bootloop.

I tried to solve this with the following:

1) I wanted to boot into recovery and got to the image of the robot lying down with open stomach:
Quote:
"5.To get into recovery mode, press & hold the refresh button for 5-6 sec then press the power button for 2-3 sec and keep holding the refresh button for 2-3 sec"
But how to proceed from here? The device is not reacting to anything. (After some time it started the bootloop again.)

2) If I want a factory reset I probably have to clear the Data-partition.
I tried to overwrite using:
Quote:
B) How to install IMG files OR (Restore your device's data) :
with my previously saved Data-partition but this is giving an error "No found offset of Data partition..."

3) Reflashed system partition - still bootloop

4) Wiping Data & Cache Partion via ADB
Tried:
adb wipe data
adb wipe cache partition

not working, wrong command
adb shell
su
wipe data (no permission to access data)
wipe cache (working still bootloop)

5) ADB reboot recovery
Robot with oben stomach, no access from usb, after some time bootloop started again.

6) Last straw (now used):
Firmware Upgrade via Rockchip Batch tool 1.7.
Accidentally pressed Restore instead of Upgrade but still seemed to Updgrade nicely. Now back to firmware V3 OTA Upgrade of V4 is offered. Still downloading.

Any ideas how how this could have been solved without fw-upgrade?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	robot.png
Views:	740
Size:	535.7 KB
ID:	136454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	756
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	136455  

Last edited by nhedgehog; 03-27-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #50
nhedgehog
Guru

White on white.

Back from the Bootloop...

Quote:
In which apps exactly you have problems and is it black on black or white on white?
Also could you perhaps backup your system partition as described in 1st post and send me a link so I can perhaps try to mod it to fix the issue?
For instance in AfWall:
Take a look at the last Apps which are nonSystemapps (White on White).

I will certainly make an backup of the system partition if you are really willing to help me out. Thanks for that offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AFWALL.png
Views:	808
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	136456  
Advert
Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 PM   #51
Ranomez
Enthusiast

Quote:
Back from the Bootloop...

For instance in AfWall:
Take a look at the last Apps which are nonSystemapps (White on White).

I will certainly make an backup of the system partition if you are really willing to help me out. Thanks for that offer.
Do the backup and send me the image, I will see what I can do, I will first try to find a solution with xposed modules so I won't need to manually mod the apk's (because that does take quite a bit of time and I don't have much anyway) but if that doesn't work as in the case of the C67ML firmware I will modify the apk's manually and see if that works.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:27 PM   #52
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Soon lay out port ONYX C67ML v1.7.0.340RC-20150314 with the elimination of the problems that have been discovered by me and other users. And in this version of firmware fix the problem in the library.

Last edited by FOV; 03-27-2015 at 11:31 PM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #53
nhedgehog
Guru

FOV's mod based firmware Onyx C67ML v1.7.0RC

Hi FOV, this is quite a nice ROM. I'm still trying to figure all the features out. I like especially, that Coolreader is working in FullScreenMode without the Black-Downside-ButtonBar. TTS is accessible via settings too. Good!

But I have some questions this ROM, hopefully somebody can answer me:
1) What I'm missing so far is the refresh (short press)/Light on (long press) button. In the actual version I downloaded (1.7.0 RC) it is assigned to DPAD Center. How can I change that?
2) And in AFWall+ the font is unreadable, still the pictured might help to select the relevant APPS. I guess it is one of the 1% Apps, that are not supported.
3) One more question: Why change the DPI to 186, my Boyue T62B (Energy Reader Pro) had it set to 212 DPI?
4) On my Energy EReader Pro original ROM it was possible to change the configuration of the buttons on the lower side of the Homescreen (Library, Filemanager, Apps, Light, Settings, Browser). I'm missing this in your ROM and assume that it is not possible to include this in the settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Port firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue
Made mod based firmware Onyx C67ML v1.7.0RC

1. ADB interface - enabled.
2. Android version 4.2.2 build 430
3. DPI set to 186.
4. Backlight On/Off standard button
5. Integrated ROOT
6. Changed the style of the original firmware Onyx, now 99% support third-party software with black themes.

How to modify Boot.img for your device

Last edited by nhedgehog; 04-01-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:13 AM   #54
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
1) How to change - I don't know. Is used that is inherent in the firmware Onyx. Change key 63 in the file rk29-keypad.kl located in System/usr/keylayout/
Screen is updated with a long press on the button on the right-bottom. In mode A2 update screen does not work.
2) Consider the application and in the future will correct
3) For Onyx native DPI exhibited in 240. 186 - so the interface looks better. 212 - not all applications work correctly.
4) In Onyx on the desktop you can change only one application is an Internet browser, changing through the applications menu in the context menu of the application.

Last edited by FOV; 04-02-2015 at 01:29 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #55
nhedgehog
Guru

Good to know. I figured out, that on my device, longclick on the refresh button is switching the light on or off. But I'm curious to where this longclick settings are stored. Not in the rk29-keypad.kl, that is just for the shortclicks.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #56
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Energy Sistem firmwares for Energy eReader Pro [+](T62[+]) can be found at the bottom of their pages on Energy Sistem's websites:

Energy eReader Pro (Boyue T62 aka T62C)
http://www.energysistem.com/en/produ...gy_ereader_pro

Energy eReader Pro + (Boyue T62+ aka T62D)
http://www.energysistem.com/en/produ..._ereader_pro_+

The only "known" difference between these 2 models is their E-Ink panels which has been upgraded to the newer E-Ink Carta family in the "Pro +" (T62+) version @ the same resolution.

I might flash my Boyue T62+ with the Energy eReader Pro firmware in the coming days or weeks and I'd post the results here. There shouldn't be any problems in the process because they're exactly the same device (T62D)!

I'm doing this because the Boyue firmware has lots of software bugs and they seem to have changed something in the recent fw update that's causing the device to consume more battery than it used to while it's asleep! I'll take a backup from my current Boyue firmware and would return to it if I find the Energy Sistem firmware to be worse!
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #57
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PocketBook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
Energy Sistem firmwares for Energy eReader Pro [+](T62[+]) can be found at the bottom of their pages on Energy Sistem's websites:

Energy eReader Pro (Boyue T62 aka T62C)
http://www.energysistem.com/en/produ...gy_ereader_pro

Energy eReader Pro + (Boyue T62+ aka T62D)
http://www.energysistem.com/en/produ..._ereader_pro_+

The only "known" difference between these 2 models is their E-Ink panels which has been upgraded to the newer E-Ink Carta family in the "Pro +" (T62+) version @ the same resolution.

I might flash my Boyue T62+ with the Energy eReader Pro firmware in the coming days or weeks and I'd post the results here. There shouldn't be any problems in the process because they're exactly the same device (T62D)!

I'm doing this because the Boyue firmware has lots of software bugs and they seem to have changed something in the recent fw update that's causing the device to consume more battery than it used to while it's asleep! I'll take a backup from my current Boyue firmware and would return to it if I find the Energy Sistem firmware to be worse!
Great, I am also interested in see if you find the Energy eReader firmware less buggy, keep us updated!
diegoocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #58
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

I successfully flashed my Boyue T62+ with Energy Sistem eReader Pro +'s firmware and everything seems to be working fine. These are both the same device (T62D with E-Ink Carta) so it's no wonder to see all the keys working and the system being stable.

The Energy Sistem firmware is works smoother and a little bit faster than Boyue's. Also there are less software bugs and the device is not wasting huge amounts of battery power while being sleep! No need to say that the Energy Sistem firmware comes with Google Play preloaded and a few more options every here and there; like an option to choose whether you want the device to show as a MTP device or a Mass Storage device when you connect it to your pc.

There's only 1 problem: When I connect the device to my WIndows7 PC I can't see any "RK3026" (or whatever its name was) getting detected by Device Manager and "adb devices" returns nothing so I haven't been able to root the device yet! Any ideas? When I connect it, Windows only detects a MTP Device or a Mass Storage device (depends on your settings in Android); nothing else (there's no problem with transferring files to the device tho)!

How should I enter this device's Recovery Mode? maybe then it'll show up in Device Manager!

Last edited by hob; 05-09-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #59
hob
Connoisseur

OK, now after following nightboy's instructions here in part 6 "How to unbrick your device" about turning the device off and holding the Refresh button before connecting the USB cable, Windows detects the "Rockchip device" but still neither ADB nor RK Batch Tool or even Android Commander detect the device!

Update1: lol I was using the RK Batch Tool v1.7 inside the Energy Sistem firmware package! The one uploaded in that thread detected the device. So I did another system flash using RK Batch Tool and Energy eReader Pro+ this time instead of doing it manually like the first post of this thread. Now let's see if that problem got fixed or not!

Update2: NOPE! It seems like it is not a "problem" but a probable attempt from Energy Sistem to prevent rooting the device.

The only way to get the "Rockchip Device" detected by Windows (as instructed by nightboy in this thread's part 6) is too turn off the device by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then holding the Refresh button for 8 seconds and then connecting the USB cable while still holding the refresh button for another maybe 5-10 seconds until Windows detects the device.

ADB and the Rooting tools attached to that thread don't work because ADB is unable to detect the device and the Root batch file gets stuck on "Connect your device..."!

UPDATE 3: YESS! Got it working by enabling the "Developer Options" menu which is hidden on these devices and then allowing USB debugging" there!

To unhide Developer Options go to "Settings > About device (or eReader info) > and tap "Build Number" ~7 times!

Now I feel like my life's purpose is fulfilled! The Energy Sistem firmware works sorta better than Boyue's and I already am happy about moving into it. Download the '1500 free ebooks' packagee too from their website!

Last edited by hob; 05-09-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #60
DarKHawK
DarKHawK began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hi hob,

I got the feeling that "a little bit smoother" and "a little faster" might be a placebo effect, do you think that might be possible?

I took a look at the Energy Sistem interface and it looks like a little modded version of the Boyue firmware, I'm thinking that Boyue provides the software to Energy Sistem which in turn mods it a little and add google play store and that's it. Am I mistaken?

Please keep us updated about your device on the Energy Sistem firmware.

Thank you.
DarKHawK is offline   Reply With Quote