Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-08-2022, 02:51 PM   #6796
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vego22 View Post
Oh thank you, i havent noticed chrome update changed that. It works now
Glad I could help!

I only linked it because I tried to download directly after the chrome update.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:42 PM   #6797
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
@JimmXinu - going to update defaults.ini to reflect the new path?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2022, 09:06 PM   #6798
CyberCrisis
CyberCrisis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anybody having problems with fullnovel.com I getting this error "HTTP Error in FFF '403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://novelfull.com/my-wife-is-a-transmigrated-master-cultivator.html'(403)"
CyberCrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:20 PM   #6799
dakusan
dakusan began at the beginning.

Cookies

Is there a way to add cookies under a website in the personal.ini like a username/password? I think it may help fix the cloudflare problem by manually adding the _cf cookies generated when you load in a browser.
dakusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:37 PM   #6800
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I think Jim tried that back when the CF issues were a new thing, but it didn't work and the cookies expired after like an hour anyways.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2022, 12:16 PM   #6801
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
@JimmXinu - going to update defaults.ini to reflect the new path?
Before the next release. Wiki page(s) will need to change, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCrisis View Post
Anybody having problems with fullnovel.com I getting this error "HTTP Error in FFF '403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://novelfull.com/my-wife-is-a-transmigrated-master-cultivator.html'(403)"
novelfull.com needs FlareSolverr now. I have mostly given on trying to deal with CloudFlare directly. See this wiki page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakusan View Post
Is there a way to add cookies under a website in the personal.ini like a username/password? I think it may help fix the cloudflare problem by manually adding the _cf cookies generated when you load in a browser.
No; cookies are not sufficient.

I assume you are primarily concerned with ffnet. What's been working for me is to use FlareSolverr (see link above), but to always manually view a story chapter on ffnet in browser before trying with FFF.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:19 PM   #6802
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
After adding that to my browser_cache_path in personal.ini
(to have it end with ...\User Data\Default\Cache\Cache_Data)
the download worked again.
Thanks for the info. Can anyone confirm or deny the same change is needed on Mac and/or Linux?
Old 01-10-2022, 04:01 AM   #6803
TRexReader
TRexReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Thanks for the info. Can anyone confirm or deny the same change is needed on Mac and/or Linux?
Yes, I had to update mine personal.ini to add sub-folder "Cache_Data" to get an AO3 update to go through, using Chrome for Mac Version 97.0.4692.71 and Calibre 5.34 with the current FFF plugin
TRexReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:13 AM   #6804
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2022-01-10
- Update defaults.inis for Chrome's new Cache_Data dir.
- Update translations.

If there are no complaints in a day or two, I'm going to make a new release. Then changes for upcoming Qt6 Calibre.

Thanks, TRexReader.
Old 01-11-2022, 04:41 PM   #6805
pjm13
pjm13 began at the beginning.

I've just run into a problem out of the blue.
On the 6th I last updated my library by fetching new chapters from E-Mail, worked fine.
Today when I tried I get this error message:
[WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Coincidentally my internet situation changed (we got a fibre connection now but the internet provider stayed the same and we still use the same router. Just the 'internet supply' to our house changed. We connected the router to the new machine and my devices connected to the wifi without any help). I don't know if this is the reason, but if yes, what can I do to make it work again?
I'm really bad at computer stuff and it took me half a month to get fanficfare and calibre to work, and now this...
Please help!

Edit: it also changes some of the new unread emails (but not all) to 'read', so it does do something there, but it doesn't fetch any metadata. I've manually changed them back to unread several times, but each time it's the same result.

Last edited by pjm13; 01-11-2022 at 04:43 PM.
pjm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:56 PM   #6806
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm13 View Post
Today when I tried I get this error message:
[WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Depending on where you got that error, it probably indicates a problem connecting to the fanfic site. Less likely, it may indicate a problem connecting to the email server.

Without a story URL, or a more complete error report, there's not a lot I can tell you.

You can run Calibre in debug mode before trying again and posting the debug log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm13 View Post
Edit: it also changes some of the new unread emails (but not all) to 'read', so it does do something there, but it doesn't fetch any metadata. I've manually changed them back to unread several times, but each time it's the same result.
That might suggest it is the connection to the email server, but it's hard to be sure.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:04 PM   #6807
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 4.9.0 - 2022-01-11
- Remove removed fictionalley site from plugin-example.ini
- Update defaults.inis for Chrome's new Cache_Data dir.
- Update translations.
- Adding plugin feature to Mark anthologies when individual story skipped. See #786
- Refactoring of cli.py by hseg.
- Tweaks to base_xenforoforum tagsfromtitle default replace_metadata by hseg.
- adapter_archiveofourownorg: AO3 notification emails now sending http: instead of https:
- Add remove_class_chapter feature, true by default. For Calibre convert with Base eFiction.
- adapter_scribblehubcom: Corner case removing spoilers. Closes #778
- adapter_wwwnovelallcom: fixes for story w/o chapters & html desc.
Old 01-11-2022, 06:05 PM   #6808
pjm13

Quote:
Depending on where you got that error, it probably indicates a problem connecting to the fanfic site. Less likely, it may indicate a problem connecting to the email server.

Without a story URL, or a more complete error report, there's not a lot I can tell you.
Sorry! This is what I got:

calibre, version 5.34.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TimeoutError</b>:[WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

calibre 5.34 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.22000 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22000')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22000', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 11, 1) && FanFicFare (4, 8, 0) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 572, in get_urls_from_imap_menu
File "C:\Users\mine\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Fan FicFare.zip\fanficfare\geturls.py", line 267, in get_urls_from_imap
File "imaplib.py", line 881, in uid
File "imaplib.py", line 1205, in _simple_command
File "imaplib.py", line 1022, in _command_complete
File "imaplib.py", line 1148, in _get_tagged_response
File "imaplib.py", line 1050, in _get_response
File "imaplib.py", line 1158, in _get_line
File "imaplib.py", line 314, in readline
File "socket.py", line 669, in readinto
File "ssl.py", line 1241, in recv_into
File "ssl.py", line 1099, in read
TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

(please tell me if it's ok to post these infos on the internet, I have no idea what this is of if it's safe to share this publicly)

This is an example URL from my email updates: http://archiveofourown.org/works/36341212

Also, each time I try again, it changes which and how many of the E-Mails it changes to 'read', but it always goes chronolgically from old to new. It usually doesn't reach the newest. The number was 8 at first, then it 'read' the first 4. Next time it read 5, then 4 again.

Quote:
You can run Calibre in debug mode before trying again and posting the debug log.
I will try that as soon I figure out how that works, thanks!
Old 01-11-2022, 08:25 PM   #6809
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

pjm13,

The error is occurring during the email fetch--but not at the beginning where I would have expected. That's indicated by your report that some, but not all of the notification emails are being marked read.

Give what's happening, I wonder how full your mailbox is? FFF searches for all unread ('UNSEEN' in imap4) and fetches and looks through all of them for story URLs.

If you point it at your normal inbox and keep tons of old unread messages around, it might make a difference.

Or even tons of read messages--I have a dedicated inbox I use for update notifications and FFF is noticeably faster fetching from it when I've deleted everything from it.

I might be able to increase the connection timeout, but I'd like to see a debug log first; that should show how long it's taking.

Run Calibre in debug mode from the Calibre Preferences drop down.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:47 AM   #6810
pjm13

Quote:
pjm13,

The error is occurring during the email fetch--but not at the beginning where I would have expected. That's indicated by your report that some, but not all of the notification emails are being marked read.

Give what's happening, I wonder how full your mailbox is? FFF searches for all unread ('UNSEEN' in imap4) and fetches and looks through all of them for story URLs.

If you point it at your normal inbox and keep tons of old unread messages around, it might make a difference.

Or even tons of read messages--I have a dedicated inbox I use for update notifications and FFF is noticeably faster fetching from it when I've deleted everything from it.

I might be able to increase the connection timeout, but I'd like to see a debug log first; that should show how long it's taking.

Run Calibre in debug mode from the Calibre Preferences drop down.
Thanks for the reply. I made this Gmail account about 3 weeks ago as a special account only for AO3, so there is nothing else going to that account. It currently has only 55 emails in it, all read and all fic updates from ao3, except for the stubborn last (now) 9 that aren't working (partially manually set to unread again). It worked fine up until last week.

I suppose I could manually move the read emails to another gmail folder not to interfere with FFF. I prefer not deleting them if that's possible?

I ran it in debug mode as you said and tried to fetch from Emails again, it is not working and this is the message I got:

calibre, version 5.34.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TimeoutError</b>:[WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

calibre 5.34 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.22000 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22000')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22000', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 11, 1) && FanFicFare (4, 8, 0) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 572, in get_urls_from_imap_menu
File "C:\Users\mine\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Fan FicFare.zip\fanficfare\geturls.py", line 233, in get_urls_from_imap
File "imaplib.py", line 881, in uid
File "imaplib.py", line 1205, in _simple_command
File "imaplib.py", line 1022, in _command_complete
File "imaplib.py", line 1148, in _get_tagged_response
File "imaplib.py", line 1050, in _get_response
File "imaplib.py", line 1158, in _get_line
File "imaplib.py", line 314, in readline
File "socket.py", line 669, in readinto
File "ssl.py", line 1241, in recv_into
File "ssl.py", line 1099, in read
TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

I had 5 unread messages before trying that, all but the newest one was marked as read now but nothing was updated.
If it matters, I am using "update metadata from website" rather than "update new chapters" as most people suggest doing. however, when I changed it to only updating if there are new chapters I got the same error.

Thanks for helping!

Tags
fanfiction