Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2021, 02:16 PM   #1
dunhill
Addict
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Accents in authors folder

I have a doubt.
Does the folder of author names for some reason not accept accents?
If I think of a database it is logical that it does not contemplate it.
I leave you an image of what I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23.png
Views:	99
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	188540  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, iPad Pro, Tolino
You are correct in that accents in the author name will be removed. I really don't care since they will be in the metadata and show up on my ereader.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre ASCIIizes file names to maximize file system compatibility
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 01:26 PM   #4
dunhill
Addict
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I am on linux, but a colleague on MacOS appears accents in the Authors folders, is it a matter of the operating system?
I don't know how it will behave in windows?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	52
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	188581  
Old 08-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I am on linux, but a colleague on MacOS appears accents in the Authors folders, is it a matter of the operating system?
I don't know how it will behave in windows?
Philip José Farmer has an accent in the Library grid, but not in the file system (W10, Started out XP)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2021, 06:16 PM   #6
dunhill
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Philip José Farmer has an accent in the Library grid, but not in the file system (W10, Started out XP)
Thanks for the information, I am calm.