Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #1
Pokec
Pokec began at the beginning.

Device: PB628 Touch Lux 5
Download dictionaries not works on my PocketBook

"Dictionary settings/Download dictionaries" does not work on my PocketBook Touch Lux 5 and Touch Lux 4:

I have Wi-Fi connection set up correctly (e.g. fully functional in Browser). However, after selecting a dictionary for download, KoReader asks to turn on Wi-Fi (regardless of whether it is on), but the dictionary does not download.

Please, does anyone know how to make the dictionaries download work?

Alternatively, I could download the dictionaries on my computer and copy them manually to the "applications\koreader\data\dict" directory but I don't know from where to download them on computer.
Pokec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O, Forma & Elipsa
There are a few open issues about Wi-Fi being wonky as hell on PB. We lack a PB maintainer (or users knowledgeable enough to look into it and fix it), so it's unlikely to get any better all on its lonesome .

The data from the curated list available in the UI is from here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ctionaries.lua
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #3
Pokec

Thank you so much for the info and for your help. Unfortunately my knowledge does not allow me to become a PB maintainer
Old 07-25-2021, 03:50 AM   #4
tastytea
tastytea has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
The PocketBooks put the Wi-Fi to sleep really fast and it doesn't seem to wake up on its own. What works most of the time for me is: Enable Wi-Fi, then immediately download.

I've heard that keeping the PocketBook webbrowser open in the background keeps the Wi-Fi awake, but I haven't tested it yet.
tastytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:15 AM   #5
Pokec

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastytea View Post
I've heard that keeping the PocketBook webbrowser open in the background keeps the Wi-Fi awake, but I haven't tested it yet.
You're right, in my case opened webbrowser helped. In this state, both the dictionaries download and the check for update are functional.

Thank you very much.
Advert
Old 07-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #6
EastEriq
Zealot
EastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipedia

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Rooting with ezdiy's package probably helps too
Quote:
forbid wifi suspends when something is connected to service, ie transfer in progress
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:33 PM   #7
cellaris
Connoisseur
cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.cellaris is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
I have assigned the Wi-Fi activation to one of the keys. When I want to perform a specific operation that requires Wi-Fi (check Wikipedia, synchronise the reading position between devices, download an update...), I press that key (I wait a few seconds for the connection to be established) and perform the action. It's not ideal, but at least I don't have to exit KOReader to activate Wi-Fi.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote