Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-28-2021, 08:01 AM   #1
jimdon
jimdon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Calibre collections

I have used calibre for sometime without much problem. I recently had to buy a new kindle. I have the white kindle basic 3 (2019). I cannot get calibre collections to show up on this device. Can anyone help. I have a lot of books, and I currently have to scroll page by page to find what I want.
jimdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:11 AM   #2
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8'', Kobo Libra H2O
You have to jailbreak your Kindle to use Calibre collections with it. I have no idea if it's even possible to jailbreak the newest Kindles.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #3
mergen3107
Evangelist
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Kon-Tiki 2
Check here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338268
As long as you have FW ≤ 5.13.3, you be able to Jailbreak
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:26 AM   #4
0x6c616d70
HP: 9%
0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I don't know if you can sync Calibre collections anymore. There were old solutions, but the newer kindle updates changed how kindle collections work from what I understand.

You might need more than just digging around the forums. If you do find out anything please update.
0x6c616d70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:15 AM   #5
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x6c616d70 View Post
I don't know if you can sync Calibre collections anymore. There were old solutions, but the newer kindle updates changed how kindle collections work from what I understand.

You might need more than just digging around the forums. If you do find out anything please update.
No, you cannot sync Calibre collections without jailbreaking now.
Advert
Old 06-30-2021, 07:54 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No, you cannot sync Calibre collections without jailbreaking now.
Unless it's a totally prehistoric Kindle, older than FW on a KK3.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 04:02 AM   #7
Cantaloopy
Cantaloopy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Gen.
Hello together!

I just joined this forum because I need help.
Recently I purchased a new Kindle 10th Gen. (my previous was the Kindle 3G with keyboard) and from what I read in this thread it seems it's no longer possible to sync the collections?

Calibre showed these instructions: Eject and unplug the Kindle - depending on your favorite tool, you'll need to either run an 'Import collections from Calibre' in Collections Manager's 'Synchronization' menu, or an 'Update collections (from calibre plugin json)' in Librarian Sync to load your changes.

Unfortunately I am not too tech-savvy, so these instructions are waaaayyy out of my league.

Would they work to finally get the collections from Calibre onto my Kindle?
Could somebody please dumb them way down for me?! Pretty please?

I appreciate every answer!
Cantaloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 04:44 AM   #8
Sirtel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaloopy View Post
Hello together!

I just joined this forum because I need help.
Recently I purchased a new Kindle 10th Gen. (my previous was the Kindle 3G with keyboard) and from what I read in this thread it seems it's no longer possible to sync the collections?

Calibre showed these instructions: Eject and unplug the Kindle - depending on your favorite tool, you'll need to either run an 'Import collections from Calibre' in Collections Manager's 'Synchronization' menu, or an 'Update collections (from calibre plugin json)' in Librarian Sync to load your changes.

Unfortunately I am not too tech-savvy, so these instructions are waaaayyy out of my league.

Would they work to finally get the collections from Calibre onto my Kindle?
Could somebody please dumb them way down for me?! Pretty please?

I appreciate every answer!
You need to jailbreak your Kindle, as has already been said.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:16 PM   #9
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You need to jailbreak your Kindle, as has already been said.
As a newbie, the peep might want to know how to jailbreak (beyond me too). Maybe a link would be helpful.
Is this possible on the newer kindles? I thought the updates had scuppered jailbreaking: just something I remember reading on mobileread.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:06 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, iPad Pro, Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
As a newbie, the peep might want to know how to jailbreak (beyond me too). Maybe a link would be helpful.
Is this possible on the newer kindles? I thought the updates had scuppered jailbreaking: just something I remember reading on mobileread.
You can check the Open Sesame! (AKA., The New & Improved JailBreak Index) thread and the KindleBreak - Software Jailbreak for (almost) any Kindle <= 5.13.3 . You can find both of these in the Kindle Developer's Corner subforum.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:50 AM   #11
Cantaloopy
Cantaloopy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Gen.
Thank you for the links!
On my search for a solution I found some websites indicating that it is possible to downgrade the FW on a Kindle and to then jailbreak it (my Kindle runs on 5.13.6).
Do you think this is possible?! I also read elswhere, that downgrading is not possible...
Sorry if my questions sound dumb, but I'm wading in completely new waters here, since I have only a basic understanding of how technology works.

Thanks in advance!
Cantaloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:07 AM   #12
Sirtel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaloopy View Post
Thank you for the links!
On my search for a solution I found some websites indicating that it is possible to downgrade the FW on a Kindle and to then jailbreak it (my Kindle runs on 5.13.6).
Do you think this is possible?! I also read elswhere, that downgrading is not possible...
Sorry if my questions sound dumb, but I'm wading in completely new waters here, since I have only a basic understanding of how technology works.

Thanks in advance!
AFAIK it's not possible to downgrade a Kindle, at least modern ones.