Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-24-2021, 08:18 AM   #16
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
Haha!! Yes, it’s a little weird. But I took my time with it, a chapter or two a day. It took me about a year to read. I mainly loved it because of the character development. I had never been so completely drawn into a story and place.
War and Peace is one of my all time favorites.

Another recommendation would be Big Stone Gap by Aridania Trigiani. Small town type book. The Mitford Series Issybird recommends would also be another recommendation.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:11 AM   #17
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The following is mostly lighter reading not classics as such.

I enjoy Miss Read for light reading focused on characters in small English cities or villages.

Edith Pargeter has some good character heavy books written under that name (I particularly enjoyed Lost Children which is set in post-WWWII England).

The semi-autobiographical Candleford Trilogy by Flora Thompson(omnibus titles Lark Rise to Candleford provides a fascinating look at being rural poor in late 19th Century England .

I've heard good things about The Provincial Lady by E. M. Delafield and the Barsetshire series by Angela Thirkell.

The Blog Furrowed Middlebrow has reviews on many books that fit your description some of which are actually being republished.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2021, 01:17 PM   #18
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Many romances are like that -- focusing on people, feelings, and relationships, without a lot of external drama. (Of course, many of them also have dramatic plots.)

Some suggestions:

Jack Harbon: Meet Cute Club
Quote:
Jordan Collins doesn’t need a man.

What he needs is for his favorite author to release another one of her sexy supernatural novels and more people to sign up for the romance book club that he fears is slowly and steadily losing its steam. He also needs for the new employee at his local bookstore to stop making fun of him for reading things meant for “grandmas.”

The very last thing he needs is for that same employee, Rex Bailey, to waltz into his living room and ask to join Meet Cute Club. Despite his immediate thoughts—like laughing in his face and telling him to kick rocks—Jordan decides that if he wants this club to continue thriving, he can’t turn away any new members. Not even ones like Rex, who somehow manage to be both frustratingly obnoxious and breathtakingly handsome.

As Jordan and Rex team up to bring the club back from the ashes, Jordan soon discovers that Rex might not be the arrogant troll he made himself out to be, and that, like with all things in life, maybe he was wrong to judge a book by its cover.
Nathan Burgoine: Handmade Holidays
Quote:
At nineteen, Nick is alone for the holidays and facing reality: this is how it will be from now on. Refusing to give up completely, Nick buys a Christmas tree, and then realizes he has no ornaments. A bare tree and an empty apartment aren’t a great start, but a visit from his friend Haruto is just the ticket to get him through this first, worst, Christmas. A box of candy canes and a hastily folded paper crane might not be the best ornaments, but it’s a place to start.

A year later, Nick has realized he’s not the only one with nowhere to go, and he hosts his first “Christmas for the Misfit Toys.” Haruto brings Nick an ornament for Nick’s tree, and a tradition—and a new family—is born.

As years go by, Nick, Haruto, and their friends face love, betrayal, life, and death. Every ornament on Nick’s tree is another year, another story, and another chance at the one thing Nick has wanted since the start: someone who’d share more than the holidays with him.
K.J. Charles: Band Sinister
Quote:
Sir Philip Rookwood is the disgrace of the county. He’s a rake and an atheist, and the rumours about his hellfire club, the Murder, can only be spoken in whispers. (Orgies. It’s orgies.)

Guy Frisby and his sister Amanda live in rural seclusion after a family scandal. But when Amanda breaks her leg in a riding accident, she’s forced to recuperate at Rookwood Hall, where Sir Philip is hosting the Murder.

Guy rushes to protect her, but the Murder aren’t what he expects. They’re educated, fascinating people, and the notorious Sir Philip turns out to be charming, kind—and dangerously attractive.

In this private space where anything goes, the longings Guy has stifled all his life are impossible to resist…and so is Philip. But all too soon the rural rumour mill threatens both Guy and Amanda. The innocent country gentleman has lost his heart to the bastard baronet—but does he dare lose his reputation too?
Alexis Hall: Boyfriend Material
Quote:
Wanted:
One (fake) boyfriend
Practically perfect in every way

Luc O’Donnell is tangentially—and reluctantly—famous. His rock star parents split when he was young, and the father he’s never met spent the next twenty years cruising in and out of rehab. Now that his dad’s making a comeback, Luc’s back in the public eye, and one compromising photo is enough to ruin everything.

To clean up his image, Luc has to find a nice, normal relationship…and Oliver Blackwood is as nice and normal as they come. He’s a barrister, an ethical vegetarian, and he’s never inspired a moment of scandal in his life. In other words: perfect boyfriend material. Unfortunately apart from being gay, single, and really, really in need of a date for a big event, Luc and Oliver have nothing in common. So they strike a deal to be publicity-friendly (fake) boyfriends until the dust has settled. Then they can go their separate ways and pretend it never happened.

But the thing about fake-dating is that it can feel a lot like real-dating. And that’s when you get used to someone. Start falling for them. Don’t ever want to let them go.
Courtney Milan: Hold Me
(This is second in a series, Trade Me is first. That one's also excellent, but with more drama. Hold Me doesn't require Trade Me to make sense.)
Quote:
Jay na Thalang is a demanding, driven genius. He doesn’t know how to stop or even slow down. The instant he lays eyes on Maria Lopez, he knows that she is a sexy distraction he can’t afford. He’s done his best to keep her at arm’s length, and he’s succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

Maria has always been cautious. Now that her once-tiny, apocalypse-centered blog is hitting the mainstream, she’s even more careful about preserving her online anonymity. She hasn’t sent so much as a picture to the commenter she’s interacted with for eighteen months—not even after emails, hour-long chats, and a friendship that is slowly turning into more. Maybe one day, they’ll meet and see what happens.

But unbeknownst to them both, Jay is Maria’s commenter. They’ve already met. They already hate each other. And two determined enemies are about to discover that they’ve been secretly falling in love…
Jasmine Guillory: The Proposal
(This one was a bit too low on conflict and plot for my taste, but that might make it perfect for you!)
Quote:
When someone asks you to spend your life with him, it shouldn’t come as a surprise — or happen in front of 45,000 people.

When freelance writer Nikole Paterson goes to a Dodgers game with her actor boyfriend, his man bun, and his bros, the last thing she expects is a scoreboard proposal. Saying no isn't the hard part—they've only been dating for five months, and he can't even spell her name correctly. The hard part is having to face a stadium full of disappointed fans...

At the game with his sister, Carlos Ibarra comes to Nik's rescue and rushes her away from a camera crew. He's even there for her when the video goes viral and Nik's social media blows up—in a bad way. Nik knows that in the wilds of LA, a handsome doctor like Carlos can't be looking for anything serious, so she embarks on an epic rebound with him, filled with food, fun, and fantastic sex. But when their glorified hookups start breaking the rules, one of them has to be smart enough to put on the brakes...
Alisha Rai: The Right Swipe
Quote:
Rhiannon Hunter may have revolutionized romance in the digital world, but in real life she only swipes right on her career—and the occasional hookup. The cynical dating app creator controls her love life with a few key rules:

- Nude pics are by invitation only

- If someone stands you up, block them with extreme prejudice

- Protect your heart

Only there aren't any rules to govern her attraction to her newest match, former pro-football player Samson Lima. The sexy and seemingly sweet hunk woos her one magical night... and disappears.

Rhi thought she'd buried her hurt over Samson ghosting her, until he suddenly surfaces months later, still big, still beautiful—and in league with a business rival. He says he won't fumble their second chance, but she's wary. A temporary physical partnership is one thing, but a merger of hearts? Surely that’s too high a risk…

Last edited by hildea; 05-24-2021 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Had to add Alisha Rai as well :)
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #19
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
The following is mostly lighter reading not classics as such.

I enjoy Miss Read for light reading focused on characters in small English cities or villages.

Edith Pargeter has some good character heavy books written under that name (I particularly enjoyed Lost Children which is set in post-WWWII England).

The semi-autobiographical Candleford Trilogy by Flora Thompson(omnibus titles Lark Rise to Candleford provides a fascinating look at being rural poor in late 19th Century England .

I've heard good things about The Provincial Lady by E. M. Delafield and the Barsetshire series by Angela Thirkell.

The Blog Furrowed Middlebrow has reviews on many books that fit your description some of which are actually being republished.
Oh wow!! Thank you for the suggestions and the blog link!!
I loved the series Lark Rise to Candleford and I’m super intrigued by The Provincial Lady.
Thank you!!!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:23 PM   #20
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
Many romances are like that -- focusing on people, feelings, and relationships, without a lot of external drama. (Of course, many of them also have dramatic plots.)

Some suggestions:

Jack Harbon: Meet Cute Club

Nathan Burgoine: Handmade Holidays

K.J. Charles: Band Sinister

Alexis Hall: Boyfriend Material

(This is second in a series, Trade Me is first. That one's also excellent, but with more drama. Hold Me doesn't require Trade Me to make sense.)

Jasmine Guillory: The Proposal
(This one was a bit too low on conflict and plot for my taste, but that might make it perfect for you!)

Alisha Rai: The Right Swipe
Ooh!so many options!! 😊
Advert
Old 05-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
And many of them have vampires and whips/chains.

Quote:
While book two makes sense without having read book one, I find that you could end up with spoilers, you miss character development,or other things. It's best to read a series in order. I would not be reading book two without having read book one.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-24-2021 at 02:39 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:17 PM   #22
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I highly recommend The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman. It's a very relaxing read.
It's an excellent book, but I wouldn't call it relaxing!

I recommend The Chilbury Ladies' Choir and The Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan; The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry; and anything by Barbara Pym.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
It's an excellent book, but I wouldn't call it relaxing!
I found The Light Between Oceans to be quite enjoyable and relaxing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 12:25 AM   #24
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Many romances are like that -- focusing on people, feelings, and relationships ...
Wouldn't be much of a romance without those three ingredients. They are what make a book work for me but I also need some sort of plot, preferably in a fantasy setting. Sometimes the plot is just about the people, backstabbing or whatnot, then I call it a soap opera; that's typically what a historical novel about the English aristocracy/royalty is; people plotting and backstabbing.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 01:45 AM   #25
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And many of them have vampires and whips/chains.
Indeed. Or angels, butterflies, cocaine, espionage, fog, ghosts, heiresses, inheritance disputes, jewel thieves, knitting, latin declensions, marriage at gunpoint, notoriety, opals, pornographic bookshops, queens, the rat godess of Thames, smartwatches, sedition, suffragettes!, self-evident truths, space ships, sex, shooting parties, taxidermists, universities, veneral diseases, witches, xenobiology, the year without a summer, or zombies

Quote:
While book two makes sense without having read book one, I find that you could end up with spoilers, you miss character development,or other things. It's best to read a series in order. I would not be reading book two without having read book one.
Tastes differ. If you were asking for recommendations, I'd never suggest a later book in a series. Since I don't know the preferences of jenieliser, or anyone else who might be interested in the recommendations here, I gave enough information for them to make their own choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Wouldn't be much of a romance without those three ingredients. They are what make a book work for me but I also need some sort of plot, preferably in a fantasy setting.
Perhaps we should have a recommendation thread for favourite romances of all types, both light and heavy on plot?
Quote:
Sometimes the plot is just about the people, backstabbing or whatnot, then I call it a soap opera; that's typically what a historical novel about the English aristocracy/royalty is; people plotting and backstabbing.
I've come to prefer my historical romances without dukes as love interests (although there are exceptions). Which reminds me of another book for jenieliser's list:

Rose Lerner: Listen to the Moon
Quote:
John Toogood prides himself on being the perfect gentleman’s gentleman: skilled, discreet, and professional. But now he finds himself laid off and blacklisted, desperate for a job. Any job.

His instant attraction to his happy-go-lucky maid Sukey Grimes couldn’t come at a worse time. Her manners are provincial, her respect for authority nonexistent, and her outdated cleaning methods…well, the less said about them, the better.

Then John learns that the town vicar needs a butler—but the job is only for a respectable married man…
(This one's also second in a series which doesn't require reading in order to be understandable.)
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:19 AM   #26
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
I've come to prefer my historical romances without dukes as love interests (although there are exceptions).

I'm hoping to find a well-written thesis online investigating the causes and consequences of the fact that being a Duke in Regency England almost invariably meant one was bereft of shirts. Must have been tough in those drafty ducal mansions, poor guys.
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:03 AM   #27
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I'm hoping to find a well-written thesis online investigating the causes and consequences of the fact that being a Duke in Regency England almost invariably meant one was bereft of shirts. Must have been tough in those drafty ducal mansions, poor guys.
Maybe a year or so ago I read an article, probably in the Guardian, about what Regency rakes would really have looked like. And in fact, they were all about the thighs and tight pants, with spindly chests. The point was the horse-riding and giving physical evidence of one’s prowess as well as being an indication of affluence - the hoi polloi had neither the time or the resources to be expert horsemen.

And if highly developed, muscular thighs implied anything else, either in terms of endowments or abilities, surely no pure young marriageable lady let her thoughts stray in that direction!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:33 PM   #28
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
If you like cats, try the Alfie series by Rachel Wells; if you want gentle, mannered classics, try Jane Austen (though I'm not a fan of her writing style, prefering Dickens); if you want modern chiclit, try The Country Escape by Jane Lovering.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #29
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The 5 Miss Seeton novels by Heron Carvic are entertaining. The eccentric residents of a small English Village are great to settle down with for an afternoon. Carvic's way of playing with words is fun to read.

Don Quixote USA by Richard Powell is a fun read. The protagonist Arthur Peabody Goodpasture is a young Bostonian who joins the Peace Corp. to promote the cultivation of Dwarf Cavendish bananas in a fictional island nation. The regime and the revolutionaries both assume that's a cover for the CIA and hilarity follows.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #30
jenieliser
Groupie

Quick update:

I found Rosamunde Pilcher has perfectly filled my “relaxing/cozy read” need. I’ve started with Coming Home … loving it so much.

Thanks for all the suggestions